cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help from my WW Superlite Brothers

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 06 FS2300 and want to add a Flat Screen in the TV hole. If you have done such a MOD, How did you do it and can you post pictures. I have a few ideas swimming in my head, but want to make sure I am not over thinking or engineering something.
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.
14 REPLIES 14

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
I have one.. I will have to do this Mod between Vet's weekend and the Giving of Thanks weekend...

dedmiston
Or for less weight and a bigger picture, hang one of these from your ceiling and install a roll-down screen. It only works in the dark though. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
LowRyter wrote:
I purchased a new Weekend Warrior SL2805 that had the TV & radio cannibalized by the dealer. I had them install a swing mount from Best Buy. It is mounted to the right side of the original TV opening. The swing mount is reinforced with additional wood. They also mounted a diagonal strap to hold the TV in place while moving. I decided to just remove the TV and store it under the bed. Even with the mounting plate on the TV, it's flat enough to fit. This does require that I mount the TV, plug and attach the cables to use it.

I later installed a Jack Antenna which gives better reception than the old Omni. The 12v adapter works well too. I was able to dry camp and watch TV w/o running a gen. LCD TVs use very little power.

I do get tired looking up at it.

Perfect, the jack antenna was the next mod!!!

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a new Weekend Warrior SL2805 that had the TV & radio cannibalized by the dealer. I had them install a swing mount from Best Buy. It is mounted to the right side of the original TV opening. The swing mount is reinforced with additional wood. They also mounted a diagonal strap to hold the TV in place while moving. I decided to just remove the TV and store it under the bed. Even with the mounting plate on the TV, it's flat enough to fit. This does require that I mount the TV, plug and attach the cables to use it.

I later installed a Jack Antenna which gives better reception than the old Omni. The 12v adapter works well too. I was able to dry camp and watch TV w/o running a gen. LCD TVs use very little power.

I do get tired looking up at it.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
Well sounds like I am going to order up a couple of mounts and pull a fridge. I will post pics and start a new thread when ready!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
derwud wrote:

How hard was it to pull the fridge?

It has been a couple years so I don't remember details but it wasn't difficult. Disconnect the LPG line, unplug the 120v, disconnect the 12v, remove a few screws and pull it out.

I placed some milk crates in front of the refrigerator for support. Had my son help me with the physical lifting/removing of the refrigerator, and we sat it on the crates. When time to reinstall I did it myself because although bulky it wasn't real heavy. I only had to lift it from the crates to the opening.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

River_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
Although I don't own an FS, WW fridge installs should be close to the same. I removed my fridge to install wires in the vent and the control box for a Sat. dish. Mine had six screws around the front, open the doors and you will see the some of the screws. Then pop off the top fascia and 2 more screw will be visible. In the back remove two more screws that hold it down. You may have to remove the flame shrouding update if you had it done. Unhook the power wires and the gas line and then it will slide out. I put mine on a moving dolly and wheeled to the back of the trailer to clean it up somewhat. While you're in there WW didn't use the best insulation so I redid that too. I think it took me aobut a 1/2 hour it get it out. It's not real heavy just bulky and awkward to handle.
River&Sand
05 Chev Ext.Cab K3500, Dmax/Alli, DRW, Reese Signature 18k, HappiJac, Jordan 2020
05 Lance 920 Truck Camper
06 Weekend Warrior LE3305, 5th Airborne, Dexter E-Z Flex ๐Ÿ˜„
01 HighJumper SandSprite 3 Dune Buggy :E

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Since I hate looking up at a television I decided to locate it elsewhere. I mounted it on the wall under the television cabinet.

Since the wall where I was mounting is the refrigerator cabinet, I removed the refrigerator and reinforced the wall with plywood. I then through bolted a flat screen swivel mount.

I love it mounted on the wall. We can swing it anywhere we want for the correct viewing angle.

How hard was it to pull the fridge?

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Since I hate looking up at a television I decided to locate it elsewhere. I mounted it on the wall under the television cabinet.

Since the wall where I was mounting is the refrigerator cabinet, I removed the refrigerator and reinforced the wall with plywood. I then through bolted a flat screen swivel mount.

I love it mounted on the wall. We can swing it anywhere we want for the correct viewing angle.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Mongo68
Explorer
Explorer
I did mine on a swinging mount like the others, but I added a zip tie so it wont swing. The one I really like is the one where someone made the TV swing up like a door. It even had the support things on it so it doesnt crash down. I have pics someplace, but I have no idea how to post them.
2004 F350 4x4 Crew Cab PSD
2007 Weekend Warrior LE3505+6 Tiki Edition

KDmax
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27103162/gotomsg/27107351.cfm#27107351
2005 Chev 2500HD Duramax
2006 WW LE3305 (lots of mods)
Awesome Wife
2013 Harley Davidson Streetglide
2012 Polaris Razr-S
Charlie the wonder dog

bukuinc
Explorer
Explorer
Tv mount
Not sure where my original post is, but here's a couple of pics of my set up.

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the link that links to a GlamisDunes.com thread.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search on here there are a few who have done it with pictures. One guy removed the existing TV and used to pieces of 2x6 painted black and used the existing holes to support then in the existing cabinet. He then attached a flat screen TV mount that would extend, swivel and tilt. The flat screen was actually larger the the existing hole in the cabinet but when he pushed it back the TV would be flat against the opening. It could extend out enough to adjust just about any way you needed it to.

Pretty good mod IMO.
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski