cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with pricing used 2013 Columbus 320RS

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all! I am looking at one of these by a private seller on CL. They are asking 37,000. Pics show it being stored under cover. They are the second owners already, so I was somewhat cautious, but he said that first owner sold it to buy a motor home. He (second owner) is selling due to illness.

All that is listed on the ad:

fireplace, solid surface counter tops, cherry cabinets, movable island in kitchen, smart TV, cabinets galore, ceiling fan, king size bed in bedroom, closet with built in shelves and clothes hamper, central vacuum, and washer/dryer hookup, lots of underbelly storage. Never smoked in, Electric leveling system.

It's more than I was hoping to spend, so am a little hesitant to go look....and wondering if I would insult the seller especially in his condition by offering a good bit less. Wondering how much less would be fair. First time buyer, so not sure how much less to bid when purchasing used or new.
21 REPLIES 21

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
mudmaker wrote:
https://cheyennecampingcenter.com/rvs/palomino-columbus-model-320rs
This is a2015 with leveling and King mattress.
Just for comparison.

Very nice! And nice price, but originally, my budget was $25,000, so am stretching it at this price.

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
https://cheyennecampingcenter.com/rvs/palomino-columbus-model-320rs
This is a2015 with leveling and King mattress.
Just for comparison.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

goukcats
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Columbus 320 & love it. If you can buy a 2016 C-320 with auto level, 2nd AC & Trump king mattress for 45K; buy it. That's a darn good price. If you consider the 1 yr warranty, plus you can purchase a 2nd yr for $150 & if financing is involved the rate will also be better. We have a few additional options & most buyers paid any where from $48K to $53K for our version. No RV is perfect but the vast majority of Columbus owners are happy.
Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320

"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dayle1 wrote:
NADA guide shows the 2013 320RS around $40k low retail and $49k average retail. But that is based on buying new at MSRP, which almost no one does. The 320RS is at the top of my list and a new 2015 or 2016 can be purchased for around $45k depending on options. I think that a reasonable price for a 2013 would be in the range of $34k, so maybe start with an offer of $32k.

I agree 32k to 34k is right for one in good condition, and thats what I have my 2013 listed at.

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Well...it's not so easy dealing with a man who is selling due to having cancer. I feel so sorry for him. He had to give up his dream of traveling because he got sick. Only had the 5er for less than 2 years and diagnosed a year ago!

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
All he can say is "NO" and run you off. After a few weeks and no nibbles he might call back. Leave him a card when you leave if you really want it. They are nice and the bathroom tub is HUGE.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
janegowest wrote:
Dayle1 wrote:
NADA guide shows the 2013 320RS around $40k low retail and $49k average retail. But that is based on buying new at MSRP, which almost no one does. The 320RS is at the top of my list and a new 2015 or 2016 can be purchased for around $45k depending on options. I think that a reasonable price for a 2013 would be in the range of $34k, so maybe start with an offer of $32k.

Thanks! That is very helpful! I was thinking that I would pay 33K for it, but did not want to insult the seller.

Offer $30k, then, if he turns you down, offer to split the difference at $33.5k. I'd certainly want to see the build sheet on it, with all options listed. Often, these can be found on the inside of a cabinet door.

Lyle

Thanks! I hope that will not be insulting!

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
wborst wrote:
The 2013 model of this 5'er had the shwintec slide mechanism on the bedroom slide. They have been known to have problems. In 2014 they stopped using this system. Just thought you might want to know.

Wow!! I did some research on this issue and it sounds like a nightmare!!! How common is this? When I researched the 320RS, most people say that they love theirs! You would think that they would have complained about the slide issue, but most of the problems that I have read about had to do with fit and finish.

If there was an issue with this particular unit, do you think that it would have surfaced long before now? We will definitely have him work the slide in and and out to check. If there is a problem with it, does it always happen or is it intermittent?

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
janegowest wrote:
Dayle1 wrote:

Thanks! That is very helpful! I was thinking that I would pay 33K for it, but did not want to insult the seller.

Offer $30k, then, if he turns you down, offer to split the difference at $33.5k. I'd certainly want to see the build sheet on it, with all options listed. Often, these can be found on the inside of a cabinet door.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Here is a 2016 for not that much more - - 2016 Columbus 320

With it having 2 owners already , I would have to wonder why ??

For me , If given the choice of $37,000.00 for a 2013 - or $45,000.00 for a 2016 , I would either spend the 8K more for new and warranty , or not buy either..

I had added the explanation in the OP. First owner sold to buy a motor home. Second one has cancer.

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
wborst wrote:
The 2013 model of this 5'er had the shwintec slide mechanism on the bedroom slide. They have been known to have problems. In 2014 they stopped using this system. Just thought you might want to know.

Thanks for the tip! Did all of them have problems? How much would it cost to replace it if it went bad?

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Dayle1 wrote:

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a quote from an online wholesaler for a 2016 with the same upgrades and they said, $45,210.

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone! Your comments have been very helpful!!