cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior temperature monitoring

lowfly
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how to monitor the temperature inside the rv when away from the coach? We have dogs and I'd hate for the a/c to misfire and heat up while we were shopping or sightseeing. Any thoughts?
Grand Designs 33' Relection, Ford 2005 F350 6.0 PSD Dully w/turbo, 6 grandchildren, 3 standard poodles, a Shitzu, my best friend Maggie waiting at the rainbow bridge, a spoiled cat, and a good woman of 48 years.
8 REPLIES 8

Jimf1234
Explorer
Explorer
I use this to monitor my fridge and outside temp. It comes with a 6' external lead. http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/alerts/temperature-humidity-monitor-general-purpose-no-probe.php

It needs internet but will send you a text after you set it up. You can also track temps. I use 3 of these with the same base.
2013 Sandpiper 365 SAQ
2016 Dodge 3500 900ftlbs Limited

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
If you always had wifi such as your own hotspot,several thermostats on the market that let you monitor and control the AC system.I am pleased with the lower priced Honeywell,I use these on lots of weekenders homes.
I don't work on rv units so don't know control voltage,these use 24volts and must have both power lead & common.could just add one of these and a transformer using it only to monitor.
It just takes money to solve this problem.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the OP is looking for an alarming monitor not just a monitor.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

ZagiFlyer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a thermometer that records highest/lowest temps since last reset that I use when brewing beer. It's mechanical and low-tech, but doesn't require batteries and I got it for $10.

Of course, in your case, you'd want to monitor the temp on days *before* you left your dogs.
  • '23 Ford F350 diesel
  • '24 Arctic Fox 29-5T

----------------

Please

read the FAQ.
-----------------

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Freeze alarm I have been using this Freeze Alarm setup for years. It has worked absolutely fantastic for me. I Love it.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Tip Temp for $400 does it. You need a blue tooth cell phone.

I have never tried it but have read that some cell phones (not iPhone unless you jailbreak) can be configured to autoanswer to handsfree.

If you left the TV on loud enough you could at least know the power was still on. A burner phone might be good enough.

There are cell routers for a few hundred and you could use some of the cheaper wifi alarms.

Also Google DIY RV pet monitor; there are some blogs out there.

In Florida, it can get hot quick.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

sremsing
Explorer
Explorer
I have a digital thermometer that tells me current temp, highest temp for that day, as well as the current and highest humidity. Got it at wally world.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD quad cab, Vortec 6000
Prodigy
2011 Rockwood 2604
wife and one fur buddy.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same question is being discussed here.