cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Eagle vs Keystone Copper Canyon

JeffroMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am new to the forums. I have been looking at purchasing a new fifth wheel. I looked at both these units and am having trouble deciding. I like the quality a bit more on a jayco from what I saw but the price was a LOT better on the Copper Canyon. What are your opinions? I bought a 06 Mega cab Cummins last week just for a fifth wheel.
06 Dodge Cummins 2500 Mega Cab Shortbed
07 Jayco Jay Flight 30.5 RLS
08 Polaris RZR 800
13 REPLIES 13

boubou64
Explorer
Explorer
Can't compare to the Cooper Canyon, never owned one.
i can speak for the Jayco, we have the Eagle HT 23.5 and love it.
The 2 year warranty is worth it and Jayco is really good to deal with.
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens

tartan_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like more Jayco people responding than Copper Canyon, but we bought a 2008 Copper Canyon new in 2007 and haven't looked back. We've loved every minute in it and the quality has been great. Everyone likes what they have (pretty much) so I'm not knocking Jayco...just sayin' that we're very pleased with our Copper Canyon. Get the one that you think best fits your needs.
Backpack to fiver...and everything in between. What a life!
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax, Allison 6-speed
18k Superglide

rthibodaux
Explorer
Explorer
I got an 2010 Jayco Eagle and was pulling it with an 06 dodge mega cab, but not any longer, just bought an 2012 3500, We love the Jayco.

JeffroMax
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help guys. Going to check out both units again on Monday. Will keep you guys updated.
06 Dodge Cummins 2500 Mega Cab Shortbed
07 Jayco Jay Flight 30.5 RLS
08 Polaris RZR 800

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 05 Jayco Eagle and it's been great. We have traveled to 14 different states and just a solid unit. I had a few problems early in the first year that the dealer took care of and had one dealing with Jayco directly and they are all about taking care of the customer. Privately owned and financially stable. Good Luck
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

jay5er
Explorer
Explorer
If the features are similar---my choice would be thye Jayco, even if it was slightly more money!

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the Jayco HT 26.5 RLS and the Copper Canyon and wife was more impressed with the Jayco quality than the Copper Canyon. Copper Canyon had a couple more "goodies" but we hope to have the FW for quite a few years so quality was important. And, the cost was no more for the Jayco than the Copper Canyon. Look around, try some sites line RV Direct and see what you can find for prices. That's what we did, then we talked to a Jayco dealer about 2 1/2 hours away and he basically matched the RV Direct price when transportation was factored in. We got ours for about a 31% discount from "MSRP", paid $26,200 a year ago in January. Probably a bit higher now, but so are all the others.
John A. Lichty

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
AZ T&T wrote:
I love my Jayco!

+1.Jayco has a 2yr warranty and they do stand by it.I needed a slide motor near the end of our warranty period and a minor problem with the television motorized brackett.No hassles just fixed.

Antigua1767
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Jayco!

2012 Jayco Eagle 31.5FBHS
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Dually 3500

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Offer the dealer the price of the Keystone for the Jayco. Also check other dealers within a distance range you are willing to travel for a better deal. I lucked out when I bought ours and only had to drive an hour further to save over $2000 dollars.

Brewurown
Explorer
Explorer
I own a Keystone product but I would take the Jayco Eagle over the Sprinter. The Jayco has a 2 year warranty and I think the Sprinter only 1 year. Jayco makes a good product.
Al
2011 Berkshire 360FWS
2010 Montana Mountaineer 335 RET
Hickory Foothills Good Sam Chapter member

wolfsontheprowl
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Sprinter Copper Canyon 252RLS last fall. We really like it. The floor plan fits our camping needs. Plenty of storage with the exception of the bedroom area. Pulls great behind my truck.
We have been buying from this dealer since 1996 so that also played into buying this camper. They are right there to right any wrongs.
This thread will bring out the Dodge vs. the GM syndrome, if you know what I mean but I will stand by this rig.
Butch and Deb
2008 GMC 2500HD SIERRA 4x4 6.0L 4.10
2013 Sprinter 252FWRLS 5th wheel
16K Husky hitch, Prodigy brake controller
Custom CB pin box stabilizer

WI Rallys attended - 15 and counting :):B:C

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Jayco!
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS