cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ladder for bunk above garage

Binkley2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 5er toyhauler that has the bunk above the garage (not the drop down beds). Anyway, it has a crappy metal ladder to get up to the bunk, the problem is the rungs are round and hurt your feet unless you wear tennis shoes to bed. I have seen rigs with wooden ladders that are attached to the wall and pull out to access these beds, but cant find one that I can add to my unit anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these ladders? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2006 Forest River All American Sport
2007.5 Chevy Crew cab Duramax DRW
2011 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra
2007 Harley Davidson Deluxe
4 REPLIES 4

Binkley2
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, neither do I. This is for the grandkids. I would probably need a forklift to get up there.
2006 Forest River All American Sport
2007.5 Chevy Crew cab Duramax DRW
2011 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra
2007 Harley Davidson Deluxe

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
I think i exceed the *cough* weight limit on ours, i used it saturday night and it almost broke.

I guess i dont have a 28" waist anymore ๐Ÿ˜‰
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
our cyclone was the same; on the heartland manufacturer forum a dude had the instructions for making the round bars into flat ones; you basically retrofitted the existing bars

you might want to try searching their
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

Y-Guy
Our 2005 Raptor had the same cheap painful ladder. Some folks made their own, others picked up the ones that were mounted for the 2006+ lines. I think somebody cut wood rungs and mounted them on top of the aluminum ones too.

Our ladder was okay for the kids, as you noted with shoes on, but flimsy with me or my wife on it. We ended up inserting wood dowels into the frame to stiffen it up.

The archives can be accessed if you click the Advance Search button, upper left corner. I ran a search on 'aluminum ladder' which will pull some posts but some about the rear mounted ladder too and another on 'loft ladder', a least you can scan through and see one some others have said about these.

aluminum ladder

loft ladder

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon