cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lookin for FW w/ kitchen on drive side& windows on camp side

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
This is hard to do as most of the kitchens seem to be located curbside. There is no real simple search that gogle can provide results. I tried searching this site as well but that does not work so well either.
We want windows/seating on the campsite side so we are not watching our neighbors all the time like we do now. So it seems like if the rigs have the kitchen on the drivers side, the nice big windows end up on the camp side.
I am not looking for the new rigs. I am looking in the 2000-2008 year range. I was hoping to keep the budget below $8k. Going too old and the bed room needs to be crawled into.
So far I have found a 2006 Keystone Cougar 309 EFS.
Any suggestions for me?
Looking for...
used
curb side seating to see the campsite
able to stand in bedroom.

MNBen
2006 F350 Dually PSD
2008 Keystone Laredo 29RL 5th Wheel

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD
26 REPLIES 26

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
This is our floor plan almost to the T, we were looking for a Rear Kitchen so after looking at rvtrader.com for months we learned which models had what we wanted and looked at the alerts every day until we found one that checked all of the boxes.

The only way to improve your results is to add miles to your search area, we drove 4.5 hours to look at the one in sig we ended up with but the layout of rhagfo's unit is almost a mirror image of ours.

Bill

rhagfo wrote:

2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Coachmen Chapparal with that layout.

See in signature for model.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Twain
Explorer
Explorer
I looked for the same thing. In the years you are looking at, the left side kitchen was rare in full size slides. Given most slides were on the left side, the kitchen was on the right. We had a 2011 Passport TT with an 18 inch deep slide that had the left side kitchen.
Early 1999 F-350 7.3 DRW CC, 4.10
2016 Open Range Light FL295FBH
3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Wife.

gmachine
Explorer
Explorer
As much as these things cost I've never been able to see the wasted space in a side aisle. Course i'm not all that shy so a walk thru bathroom is fine with me.
Jim
Bering MD23(Cummins ISB)w/60" flattop Kenworth sleeper & 2005 Excel 35MKO Limited, 2006 Scion XA.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I can't add anything as to 5er's with this type floorplan, except to say I feel your pain. I am looking for a Class A with the same thing, driver's side kitchen and windows on campsite side. I have found no way until I look at floorplan or pictures to know. However, I have gotten pretty good and guessing by looking at windows in first couple of pics. I have begun making a list of floorplans that have the driver side kitchen.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
This is our HitchHiker II, 32.5 UKTG (U shaped kitchen, Triple glide). Of course no longer made but later models may be available from individuals or Kansas RV Center in Chanute, Kansas. Prices shown were when this was a new model in 2009, I believe. Ours is a 2007 still going strong.

Note large windows at rear and over dining table.

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
outlaw85 wrote:

I'm also a fan of the side hallway instead of the centered/angled ones which seem to waste space and split up the bathroom. I like all my facilities in the same room. lol

I agree. I like a 1 room bathroom. But not as much as I would like a driver side kitchen.
2006 F350 Dually PSD

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

gmachine
Explorer
Explorer
Our Excel 35mko is kitchen drive side & table & sofa camp side. Thought most mid kitchen 5ers were. On another subject,if allowed,can anyone direct us to a "for sale" site for our trailer and class 6 tow vehicle? We can't travel anymore due to age & sickness and need to sell our "set up for full time" baby. Any help is appreciated!
Jim & Sally
Bering MD23(Cummins ISB)w/60" flattop Kenworth sleeper & 2005 Excel 35MKO Limited, 2006 Scion XA.

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
We have a Grand Design 337 RLS Reflection and our kitchen on drivers side a nice big window at dining table looking out at campsite. Check them out!! Very nice unit!!We love ours!! Tara
X-2. This is what we have now.:B
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 5'11" and I would say most nose bedrooms I've walked through are just tall enough for me with some ducking/tilting. I would still walk through several of them to get an idea of what works for you though.

I like the FL's. My thought is I'm not going to be standing much, usually walking to a chair/couch or maybe lying on the floor for my back. The same could probably be said about a bedroom though. Again, just comes down to preference and comforts.

Our 5er is a '97 Damon Challenger 30 RK (not the countless motorhomes google brings up).
I had to modify this from a different floorplan so it may not be exactly to scale. (*edit- dang, the ceiling fan is centered but I'm too lazy to move and re-upload :D)
30RK

I can honestly say we've never used the dinette in the 1-1.5yrs we've had it and when the couch is used, your looking at the entertainment center or conversing with others in the trailer. I have thought about swapping the dinette with the couch though because when the kids have it folded out, it becomes a pita to get to the kitchen. Outside of the couch/bed situation though, I do like the layout.

I'm also a fan of the side halway instead of the centered/angled ones which seem to waste space and split up the bathroom. I like all my facilities in the same room. lol

And to the 5er info. I have the RV info filled out in profile. Weird it doesn't show. I added to my sig now. Going forward should be there. Thanks for the heads up.
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
I never thought of searching Camping World.
2006 F350 Dually PSD

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your help and suggestions. We really appreciate them.
2006 F350 Dually PSD

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
outlaw85 wrote:
When you say curb side seating, based on the 2006 Keystone Cougar 309, it's the dinette you want? Correct. With the bigger windows on the curb side? Yep, like the dinette or chair/couch seating.

Ours is out of your year range but I've actually come to really like the rear kitchen (living room/kitchen floor plan is very close to rhagfo's). Especially if you can get the door in front of the axles (I've looked at a lot where it's after).

Since islands weren't all the rage then, you get a lot of extra floor space making it have a roomier feeling.

One thing to try in your searches, adding the tag of RK, RL.. etc with the year. I did with with 2005 RK and RL and got some results. Also, when you say able to stand in bedroom. What is the head height your looking for? I am only 5'7". In ours I can stand but about half way back I have to duck or tilt my head. I'm not sure what year it started or additional costs with it or if the name changes from one manufacturer to another, but you can search for 'high profile' which is nice for people over 6'.

Depending on plans for using the 5er, you could completely flip the layout and look for FL (front living rooms) although these are usually on newer bigger models which also means high price tags. Having the bedroom in the rear will give you more head room though. We saw some with FL, intriguing..

Hope this helps some,
Outlaw

Yes, that helped. Replies above in RED.
Thank you. I looked at your profile and feo a signature, but could not fine what the make/model of your 5ver. Care to share what you have?
2006 F350 Dually PSD

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
Was scrolling through the pages on Camping World and found this. It's on the earlier year of your range but seems to check most of the boxes

2003 FOREST RIVER SANDPIPER 33RLDS- Not sure about awning

2002 KEYSTONE MONTANA 3655FL- Does not have awning though.
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK