Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at buying a Weekend Warrior????

CherokeeClimber
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

We've been researching Toyhaulers and hope to hit the road at the end of the school year. We saw the Weekend Warrior at a show and have been researching it. I know it had frame issues a few years ago resulting in a class action suit.

My question is this: Does anyone here currently own a 2012-2017 Weekend Warrior 5th wheel and what has your experience been with it in terms of quality? Warranty issues? Getting work done in a timely manner?

If not the WW, then who, in your opinion (other than DRV's Fullhouse) has a good quality toy hauler.

Thank you so much for your input. These two teachers here really appreciate you helping to educate us. 🙂
17 REPLIES 17

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Hookem2004 wrote:
A dealer for Momentum in Central CA is advertising a 397 for 77K. They claim to be a high volume dealer. Wonder what would be a good counter offer to that without insulting them. Any ideas?

Find out the MSRP of the rig, subtract 35 percent, and there you go.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Hookem2004
Explorer
Explorer
A dealer for Momentum in Central CA is advertising a 397 for 77K. They claim to be a high volume dealer. Wonder what would be a good counter offer to that without insulting them. Any ideas?
2006 302 Skyline Rampage TH
2006 3500 Duramax CC/Dually
2004 2500 Suburban
2008 Z06 Corvette
2000 1950 Lund Tyee 200HP Yamaha HPDI
1999 2835ss Chaparral

CherokeeClimber
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Grand Design Momentum Toyhaulers as well. Lots of garage size options.

Looking at GD Momentum along with DRV Fullhouse, Weekend Warrior and will take a look at new Augusta toy hauler tomorrow when it's unveiled.

CherokeeClimber
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
I agree Crystal. GD makes a great product and really stands behind them after the sale. That said, I am an XLR owner and can't say enough good things about both the trailer and their after sale service. If you consider the XLR option, feel free to PM me any questions.

As to price, 35 percent plus off MSRP on a special order is standard fair if you are willing to travel to one of the volume dealers. That's what we got.

Lastly, you can drop Tesla off your list. They are out of business...

Thanks for the advice on the price range. Still considering our options. Tesla is out of business but there's still a few new units left in the floor plan we like, but I'm leaning towards either Grand Design or Weekend Warrior. Of course, Augusta is unveiling their first toy hauler tomorrow so I'll take a look at that, too. 🙂

taken
Explorer
Explorer
I agree Crystal. GD makes a great product and really stands behind them after the sale. That said, I am an XLR owner and can't say enough good things about both the trailer and their after sale service. If you consider the XLR option, feel free to PM me any questions.

As to price, 35 percent plus off MSRP on a special order is standard fair if you are willing to travel to one of the volume dealers. That's what we got.

Lastly, you can drop Tesla off your list. They are out of business...
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

limericc
Explorer
Explorer
CherokeeClimber wrote:
The other toy haulers we are considering are: (in no particular order)

Cyclone CY 4150 - i like the front bathroom model
Cyclone 3800

XLR 380 AMP

Voltage 3970
Tesla 3970

Raptor 425TS, 412TS

The WW is the only model we've seen with a 14' garage though.

Since we will be full-timing, kitchen storage is a must, a decent sized shower (not on the corner), and an east-west bed configuration so we can get cross-breezes. We currently have a TT and I really don't like the north-south bed configuration. I had to flip the head/foot orientation so we could get the breeze across our faces and not our feet.

One of my favs thus far is the DRV Fullhouse model, all the features of a 5th wheel, but with an exorbitant price tag unfortunately.

Look at the Grand Design Momentum Toyhaulers as well. Lots of garage size options.
Crystal

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure where your getting your prices but the MSRP for the 397 is way more than 68K. I looked online and seen several in the 105K range for MSRP. I'm guessing dealer cost for that may be near 40% off MSRP range as you can buy most all of them for 30-35% off MSRP. Your 68# would be closer to what they might be able to sell it for which off of a 105K MSRP would be a good price.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

CherokeeClimber
Explorer
Explorer
CherokeeClimber wrote:
Hi all,

We've been researching Toyhaulers and hope to hit the road at the end of the school year. We saw the Weekend Warrior at a show and have been researching it. I know it had frame issues a few years ago resulting in a class action suit.

My question is this: Does anyone here currently own a 2012-2017 Weekend Warrior 5th wheel and what has your experience been with it in terms of quality? Warranty issues? Getting work done in a timely manner?

If not the WW, then who, in your opinion (other than DRV's Fullhouse) has a good quality toy hauler.

Thank you so much for your input. These two teachers here really appreciate you helping to educate us. 🙂

Here's what we have found with the units we're interested in, any input you guys can offer is greatly appreciated:
The WW we have seen online are advertised n the $90K's for the most part, but we haven't seen any real data on what they are selling for. Any ideas? We have been quoted a price of $64K for the cyclone (2016) but have not been quoted a price on the momentum 397TH (2017) - have seen the local dealer MSRP set at $108K!!
"See dealer cost" has the MSRP for the momentum 397TH at 68K and dealer cost at 48K (these numbers seem too low...), the cyclone has a SCD MSRP of $84K and dealer cost of $56K. Does anyone have any real world experience with the cost of either o these units? We are hoping to get either the cyclone for under $60K or the momentum for a figure under $70K... Are we way off here - should we expect to pay more?
Thanks for any inout you may have:)

CherokeeClimber
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
I've been to the RV Factory several times where they make the Warriors. Was very impressed with their factory, their cleanliness, and the time used to assemble their haulers, no spitting them out the door as fast as possible like the others. They also have the heavier than required susp in addition to a new spring under susp with a lower boxed sub frame to keep the height for the newer taller trucks. I thought their overall quality was as good or better than most of the other haulers I've looked at, plus they are willing to work with customers to upgrade or change things to what you need. If I was to purchase one today, that's probably the direction I'd go getting their 4250.
They also have the Mor-ryde susp with disc brakes available though they need to work on their pricing for that as Mor-ryde quoted me a price of under $9000 to install their independent/disc brake systems in one of Warriors 4100 haulers with me keeping my orig axles, wheels and tires so I'm thinking that that price should be deducted from the Warriors price before they tack on the new system.

We watched their video and I have to say I was very impressed. I really like the door from the garage to the living area, it's solid with a keyed entrance. The entrance doors are normal sized as well. It appeared to have solid construction and well finished. Trying to arrange a time to see one in real life. Looks like the first chance to do that will be in January at the Tampa show.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to the RV Factory several times where they make the Warriors. Was very impressed with their factory, their cleanliness, and the time used to assemble their haulers, no spitting them out the door as fast as possible like the others. They also have the heavier than required susp in addition to a new spring under susp with a lower boxed sub frame to keep the height for the newer taller trucks. I thought their overall quality was as good or better than most of the other haulers I've looked at, plus they are willing to work with customers to upgrade or change things to what you need. If I was to purchase one today, that's probably the direction I'd go getting their 4250.
They also have the Mor-ryde susp with disc brakes available though they need to work on their pricing for that as Mor-ryde quoted me a price of under $9000 to install their independent/disc brake systems in one of Warriors 4100 haulers with me keeping my orig axles, wheels and tires so I'm thinking that that price should be deducted from the Warriors price before they tack on the new system.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

CherokeeClimber
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
And gee thanks for mentioning Cyclones, now you have me drooling over the Cyclone CY 3418 haha!

LOL! Definitely don't look at the 4150 then. This one has me drooling.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
And gee thanks for mentioning Cyclones, now you have me drooling over the Cyclone CY 3418 haha!
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

CherokeeClimber
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
XLR Nitro is coming out with a new model with a 14' garage, if you wanted to look into that. It's the 36VL5. They have the floor plan on the Forest River website but no other specs. A friend has a 30VL5 which is the same plan, just a shorter garage, and it is a very nice rig.

Thank you so much. I'll definitely look into it.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
XLR Nitro is coming out with a new model with a 14' garage, if you wanted to look into that. It's the 36VL5. They have the floor plan on the Forest River website but no other specs. A friend has a 30VL5 which is the same plan, just a shorter garage, and it is a very nice rig.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor