cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting EZ-Pass On Roof

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer
How did you go about attaching it to roof. Says not to mount on a slope to behind anything. Only way I can see mounting it on the from of mine it to make a little shelf for it to sit on so it's level.
21 REPLIES 21

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Gypsy Soul wrote:
Well they sent two for a reason so will try to find a semi level spot and mount but may call customer service before I do

I would also keep an eye on your account to make sure you're not being charged double.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer
Well they sent two for a reason so will try to find a semi level spot and mount but may call customer service before I do

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not true mine is NY only have one and use with or without trailer.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Bill1374 wrote:
NY rule is different it requires 2 transponders, one for just the truck and the second for when you are towing the trailer.

Not to argue as I'm sure you know your rules, but what would happen if you just used one? The toll lane would count axles and charge accordingly just like it does when I pass through no? I doubt it checks whether you are a NY resident, then checks axles, then sends a fine if you are one transponder only. Seems more like a blue law from when the system was new.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
NY rule is different it requires 2 transponders, one for just the truck and the second for when you are towing the trailer.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
Gypsy Soul wrote:
Well thats what they gave me when I called to find out about going through ez pass with camper. Says"4axles"on a sticker attached to it. They also said I couldn't use my wives cause truck over 7500 lbs.

None of that is true. Return it to them and use the one in your truck.

We got ours while in NY. I wonder if they have different rules but wouldn't think they would

jules6
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure that when you return it that it is put back in the mylar bag or wrapped in alum. foil or it will register as going thru the toll while on the mail truck. It happened to me.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Gypsy Soul wrote:
Well thats what they gave me when I called to find out about going through ez pass with camper. Says"4axles"on a sticker attached to it. They also said I couldn't use my wives cause truck over 7500 lbs.

None of that is true. Return it to them and use the one in your truck.
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
It also does not have to match any plate number. It just has to match vehicle type. I called them to find out and then loaned it to my daughter who used it in her car from MA. to Myrtle Beach and back, no problems at all.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
Gypsy Soul wrote:
Well the one and most important piece of info I left out is this is a ez-pass for my truck and camper when towing not the one inside the truck when driving just the truck. Sorry about that :S

You don't need a separate one for the camper. The one in your truck covers both vehicles as EZ Pass counts axles as you pass and charges you accordingly. So, the one in your truck is all you need...

X2. I just move it from DW's car to my truck when I'm towing. Always charges the right amount.

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Gypsy Soul wrote:
Well the one and most important piece of info I left out is this is a ez-pass for my truck and camper when towing not the one inside the truck when driving just the truck. Sorry about that :S

You don't need a separate one for the camper. The one in your truck covers both vehicles as EZ Pass counts axles as you pass and charges you accordingly. So, the one in your truck is all you need...
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
As long as you have the license plates registered on the account, the system will search the plate number from the video. They claim they will only do it a certain number of times, but that may not be enforced.