cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing sofas from HappiJac PNP Bed Lift Bed/sofa combo

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
I have the HappiJac PNP Bed Lift option in a new toy hauler which was only available configured as an upper queen bed and lower sofas.

I want to remove the sofas permanently and just have the one bed with as much travel as possible.

Has anyone done that? There was no installation manual and I cannot find one online.

thanks very much,
Fred
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA
5 REPLIES 5

RVbikers
Explorer
Explorer
Mod's edit: That's not allowed here. Send him a PM instead.
Keep true to the vision living in your head.
Jim & Evelyn
2015 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7L
2016 Prime Time Spartan 1242X
2012 Street Glide (his)
2004 Fatboy (hers)

rb71
Explorer
Explorer
I removed ours then I made a King metal frame. So now we have 2 queens and a king and the family sleep really comfortably.
Bobby
2014 Ram 3500 mega dually
2013 Voltage 3895
Pullrite 4400

goinmxn
Explorer
Explorer
Mod's edit: That's not allowed here. Send him a PM instead.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
fred42 wrote:
I have the HappiJac PNP Bed Lift option in a new toy hauler which was only available configured as an upper queen bed and lower sofas.

I want to remove the sofas permanently and just have the one bed with as much travel as possible.

Has anyone done that? There was no installation manual and I cannot find one online.

thanks very much,
Fred

All you need to do is remove the 4 pins that hold the lower set on the track, remove the couches, then remove the 4 pins on the upper bed at the track and replace the upper bed onto the lower brackets and reinstall the pins. At least that's how mine is made.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Rhyph
Explorer
Explorer
This is probably close enough to it and the manuals are available on this site: http://www.mirageinc.com/happijac-power-bed-lift-w-optional-double-bunk

I think the manufacturers take that unit and put in the sofa on the lower carriage option. I don't see why it couldn't be removed. You can remove the stops in the track to get the upper bunk to come down further. Those stops are most likely there to prevent a liability issue with a crush risk.
2016 Heartland Road Warrior 420
2014 Ram 3500 CC DRW 4x4 Longhorn