cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Steps

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
Our Silverback is just 10 days past the extended warrentry and the brace of the steps breaks. It broke just above the weld. But warranty or not I don't want to fix these steps.
We never liked them. They sagged way more than our previous campers did. This was from day one. So we are looking for a replacement. Something with a different design.

Looking at what Camping World has online their steps until appear to be made differently and will bolt right up to our Silverback. They come in both a 3 step and 4 step version. But wondering what else is available out there. Would like to here for others who have been down this road before.

Our OEM steps are a 3 step unit with 9 1/2 inch risers. Thinking the 4 step unit with a 8 inch riser might be nice.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch
32 REPLIES 32

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Shoot, for the price they ought to come out and put them on for you. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
GloStep is the best in my opinion.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 4 step unit was even springier than my old 3 step unit because it extends farther out from the trailer unsupported. I like my GlowSteps very stable.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Wingcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I had the bottom step fail this fall with our 2011 Silverback. Since I live about an hour from Elkhart, Indiana, I went to the Flexco factory and bought a 4 step assembly for $189.00 to replace the original 3 step assembly. Shipping would have been another $70.00. It weighs about 90 lbs. I cant mount it till I get the 5th wheel out of storage in the spring

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
They come much closer to the ground. We had to use a portable step with our OEM 3 steps, but no longer necessary with the Quadra Step. We still have a 3 step at the rear of our toyhauler and the difference between the 2 is tremendous. According to the prints the overall height difference would be a bit over 7". That seems about right.

Our OEM 3 step was also mounted closer to the door sill, so we mounted the new steps down a little which evened out the steps and put the bottom step even closer to the ground.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Do the four step versions actually come down lower to the ground, or are they the same as the three step height?
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
flyfishing48 wrote:
Boblinfoto. Who makes the stainless one you bought. I haven't seen that one on etrailer yet?
I'm also interested, I've never seen Stainless steel steps. I didn't even know they made them.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
I raised our TT so we needed new steps.
Found some good ones on E-Bay. Love them.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
Check out the Torklift Glowstep Revolution. They bolt in the existing mount, extremely solid with braces that stabilize the steps. You can also option them put with a better hand rail, pet safe step backers even a boot cleaner. We put a set on last year and love them. There is a thread currently running on them or type Glowstep Revolution in the search box for lots of reading.

X2 on the GlowStep Revolution. Love mine.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
Boblinfoto. Who makes the stainless one you bought. I haven't seen that one on etrailer yet?
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

boblinfoto
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a four step model from ETrailer.com, and replaced them in about 45 minutes. All the bolt holes lined up. It's made out of steel, and weighs about 70 lbs, but it's a lot easier going up and down on 4 steps as opposed to 3.
2009 Outback Sydney Edition 321FRL 5th wheel, 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, 4 dogs, 2 cats

ford_coupe
Explorer
Explorer
check tweetys.com,got my 4 step from them. love them

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift Glowstep Revolution for us. We had the diving board effect with the old steps but now these new ones are very, very steady and my wife loves them. A bit more to extend them and retract them but well worth it. We have the 4 step for our 5er. I changed them out myself. Check out their web site or call them.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put the Quadra Step on our toyhauler because of the tall first step. Easy bolt-on installation and work like a champ. Peggy didn't think they would be much different, but the first time she went up them she admitted she wouldn't go back to a 3-step.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Halmfamily wrote:
Check out the Torklift Glowstep Revolution. They bolt in the existing mount, extremely solid with braces that stabilize the steps. You can also option them put with a better hand rail, pet safe step backers even a boot cleaner. We put a set on last year and love them. There is a thread currently running on them or type Glowstep Revolution in the search box for lots of reading.
X2 on the GlowSteps. I took mine off my last trailer and put them on my new one. Very nice and great customer service! They aren't cheap but they are very safe and stable. Well made and well engineered.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS