cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Skirting for 5ver

okiefatman
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone ever use visqueen to skirt your RV if so how did it work? I am trying to find out how big of a factor the cold wind plays in frozen pipes.
8 REPLIES 8

okiefatman
Explorer
Explorer
My neighbor just skirted his trailer using visqueen, he said he has done it before several times and had no problem. He rolls the bottom of the visqueen in a 2x2 then stakes it to the ground the top is held on by removable tape. The tape he uses is clear Scotch Tough duct tape it removes clean.

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has a sheet of corrugated plastic underneath so I'm hoping for better protection than visqueen
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
B.O. Plenty wrote:
laknox wrote:
I've heard of more than one person using straw bales. :B

Lyle
Good way to attract mice

B.O.

Frankly, =any= skirting with something warming the space, will attract critters. Mice, rats, cats, skunks, bugs, etc.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
laknox wrote:

Lyle
Good way to attract mice

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I temporarily used the black fiber celotex(?) panels to box in under the tank area along with an electric heater. If I did it again I'd use foam panels.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
We lived in a 30' 5th wheel trailer with a super slide one winter while the house was being built, up here in northeast OK. I gave up on visqueen and went with mobilehome skirting. Man what a difference. No more booming and no worries with the visqueen tearing itself to pieces. This was in '98 so vinyl skirting wasn't so costly.
The wind factor in frozen pipes and heating is huge here in Oklahoma with those hard winter winds. You would have to use a good strong frame work to keep even heavy duty visqueen from booming and tearing itself apart.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
A lot. You would be well served to go buy some sheets of 1 inch insulation foam board cut and fit that first. Use the plastic sheeting over that. To ensure things a couple of 100 watt light bulbs or a 1500W electric heater under. This will help keep things toasty. Dont forget to insulate your fresh water hose and faucet. Down to around 10 degrees another 100 watt light bulb next to the faucet topped by a 5 gallon bucket worked well for me.