cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out circuit breaker trips

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2011 Montana with three slide outs, This morning when the slide outs were coming in the circuit breaks kept tripping, I finally got the slide outs in and the battery seems to be okay so could the breaker be going bad?
2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue
25 REPLIES 25

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Dixie Flyer wrote:
Where were your breakers located. Don't seem to be able to locate the breakers on the 2011 Montana

Mine is a 2007 so it may be different. But here is a pic of mine. The breakers are under the red caps. Pump is directly above the breakers.

And the breakers should not be wired in series. Should be one wired to the pump, and the other wired to all other things.

smurf
Explorer
Explorer
Go to NAPA buy new breakers > Easy fix
2004 GMC HD 4x4 Douramax with Allison transmission loaded.
20005 36ft. Everest W/ 4 slides loaded.
Full timing and having fun
No matter where you go there you are

Papa Smurf driver
Mama Smurf Professional Passenger

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where were your breakers located. Don't seem to be able to locate the breakers on the 2011 Montana

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
JohnG3:
Why would you want the circuit breakers wired in series?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened on our 2009 Montana. Get American made breakers to replace the Chinese breakers that came with the RV. On our unit there are two identical 50 amp breakers wired in series. Mounted on the back wall of the front storage area just above the battery and below the slide hydraulic pump.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all the input. Hopefully I can take it from here and repair the problem with the slides

Wife Sue

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
In the front compartment back wall near the slide hydraulic pump, at least on mine. My '07 Montana has two, one for the slides and one for every thing else. Look for one that has a large wire going to the pump assembly.

Remove the positive cable from the battery, remove both wires from the breaker, remove old breaker and check sides for amp rating. Probably a 50 amp breaker. When installing new one it will probably have one brass colored terminal and one silver colored one. Wire from battery to brass, wire from pump to silver.

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the breaker located in the main panel box inside the camper or inside the front compartment where the hydraulic pump is located?

Wife Sue

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have you cleaned and lubed the slide? It could be just pulling hard and overloading the circuit breaker.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Also make sure all the connections are tight and corrosion free. A bad connection or low battery voltage may cause the breaker to overheat and trip.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, that is a common problem. The auto reset circuit breaker begins to get weak and start heating, tripping, cooling, resetting, heating, and so on. Good news it that they are inexpensive and easy to replace. Available at RV parts stores and many auto parts stores. Amp rating will be listed on the side.

If you are not already a member of the Montana Owners Club forum go there for all things Montana.