cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smart car being transported on roof of tow vehicle

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I had seen it all, but today southbound on 81 was a pickup truck hauling a fifth wheel. On the roof of the pickup truck was a red smart car.

I don't know what to say, but I want to know more about it.....you know who you are, so fill us in!
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W
91 REPLIES 91

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
NHIrish wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
NHIrish wrote:
HELLO...this was just a little thread about one unusual thing seen on the road....keep your arguments over smart cars to another thread...don't steal mine!!!

Ahhhhh - HELLO! -
didn't know there was thread *OWNERSHIP*!!..:S

Must be in the forum rules somewhere.

Or - Somehow I (and others) missed the copyright symbol..:R

"...don't steal mine!!!" - - Time for the....Thread Police!!

~

No, it's actually a courtesy thing...

Actually, the courtesy is *not* getting huffy when others post to *YOUR* thread, and/or go off topic...:S

~

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Mile High wrote:

That 5th looks like a Denali?

That is right and the 3litre diesel, cab chassis van, does not have a problem. Biggest 5ver I have seen them pull is a 38ft Redwood

Would that Denali be privately converted to meet the Aussie standards or does Denali manufacture one for there?

No they would have to be modified locally. Very few would build for Non US Standards

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Mile High wrote:

That is right and the 3litre diesel, cab chassis van, does not have a problem. Biggest 5ver I have seen them pull is a 38ft Redwood

Would that Denali be privately converted to meet the Aussie standards or does Denali manufacture one for there?
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
NHIrish wrote:
HELLO...this was just a little thread about one unusual thing seen on the road....keep your arguments over smart cars to another thread...don't steal mine!!!

Ahhhhh - HELLO! -

~

No, it's actually a courtesy thing...

2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

Curt Q25

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:

Not to be outdone a combination you would probably only see in Australia an IVECO Daily, with a Smart Car towing a 5th Wheeler

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Not to be outdone a combination you would probably only see in Australia an IVECO Daily, with a Smart Car towing a 5th Wheeler
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
NHIrish wrote:

Ahhhhh - HELLO! -

~

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
(snip)That was my point! The bigger object WILL WIN!
But sometimes those smaller objects can get out of the way better. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
psford wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I always want to put a sticker that says "not very" above the badge "smart car" !

I value my life and my wives too much to drive such a death trap.

With all the "sage advice" you like to post, I'm surprised you didn't do your homework before making such a silly statement!.:R

Check the safety features.

Check the crash tests.

Ever ride a two wheel death trap (motorcycle)?..:S

Or - is that (also) just too risky?..:h

~

You willing to go head to head with me in my Dually with 1,000# chunk of Cummins cast iron under the hood?

I did my time in a VW Diesel PU 300K worth with my knees in the dash just to save a buck. 44MPG, I realized my life and my responsibility as a Husband and Father were more important!

Oh ! boy , heard it all now, ever consider how that 1,000 lb. chunk of cummins would match up with 40,000 lb chunk of semi . With your logic you need to move up to a semi, to realize your responsibility as a husband ,and father.

Why don't you read all that you quoted.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
vic46 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Why is it folks can't stay on topic here? No one asked how you feel about Smart cars safety or your opinion's of them. This was just about what the OP saw, period.

And we all have the right to post what we want. Block who you want or just go to another thread.

BLOCK DONE!

Sweet!

Oh darn you can't what I just typed.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mile High wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
You willing to go head to head with me in my Dually with 1,000# chunk of Cummins cast iron under the hood?

I did my time in a VW Diesel PU 300K worth with my knees in the dash just to save a buck. 44MPG. I realized my life and my responsibility as a Husband and Father were more important!

Weren't you a little suspicious when your wife and kids bought you a smart car last Christmas? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yea I felt kinda bad I did not see it and crushed it with my Dually when going to Starbucks Christmas morning.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
shum02 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I always want to put a sticker that says "not very" above the badge "smart car" !

I value my life and my wives too much to drive such a death trap.

Really? People die in all kinds of vehicles including pickups every day across N.A. This car is no worse than some and better than others. A blanket statement with no facts.

They look funny beside my truck but I'd have no issue driving it to work.

I don't need anything to back up common sense! If I hit one with my dually it would be destroyed.
And if a semi hit your dually it would be destroyed. What's your point?

That was my point! The bigger object WILL WIN!

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
ventrman wrote:
NHIrish wrote:
ventrman wrote:
NHIrish wrote:

I am sorry that I digressed. I do not really like the Tone of your Post. It sounds like an Order. I do not respond well to Orders. In the Future, I would ask that you phrase your Post as a polite Request rather than sounding like you are demanding something. We have enough Moderators on this Forum already.
Thanks.

Pretty sensitive for a thread thief. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you cannot respond with Ploiteness like I did, do not respond to me at all. Thankfully I do not have to look at any of your Posts after this.

Gee..a guy can't even stick up for his thread around here. Was that Pilot enough?

2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

Curt Q25