cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunnybrook 33CKTS owners

BeeTee
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2008 model year of the above 5th wheel. I'm curious if there are any owners of this same trailer who have taken actual pin weights of this unit. I have the brochure which provides a pin weight but actual weights are likely different. I realize pin weight varies with load but I'm just curious what other owners have weighed in at. My tow vehicle is a 2015 2500 D-Max crew cab and I have empty weights of it. I know I may be cutting it close towing this trailer so I want to get as much info. as possible beforehand.I may be over on GVWR of 10K
but should be OK with rear axle and tire maximums.

Thanks !
8 REPLIES 8

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
My 08 SB is the same gvw as yours and it's very heavy on the pin when perfectly level but I never weighed it cuz I know I have plenty of truck. I didn't like the feeling I got from my 98 30ckfs SB 9600 gvw when I had a 2500 truck and that's when I went to a 3500 DRW and I'll never go back. The PO of my 08 used a srw 3500 and he said it did fine. Yours might be OK. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

BeeTee
Explorer
Explorer
I weighed my truck with the hitch in the bed and got 3380 lbs. at the rear axle. My rear tires combined are 6390 so that leaves about 3K for pin plus other weight in the truck. I weighed our last FW empty and loaded for camping and we carried about 1200 lbs of "stuff" so we travel pretty light. Estimated dry weight for the Sunnybrook is 12122 with est. pin weight of 2419. This is why I'm asking if there are any owners of the same FW who have actual pin weights.

That said, the other feedback I'm getting so far is very useful to me so please keep it coming.

Thanks !

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
“and I have empty weights of it”

So we should all guess the weights and capacities before you tell us?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
BeeTee wrote:
I am looking at a 2008 model year of the above 5th wheel. I'm curious if there are any owners of this same trailer who have taken actual pin weights of this unit. I have the brochure which provides a pin weight but actual weights are likely different. I realize pin weight varies with load but I'm just curious what other owners have weighed in at. My tow vehicle is a 2015 2500 D-Max crew cab and I have empty weights of it. I know I may be cutting it close towing this trailer so I want to get as much info. as possible beforehand.I may be over on GVWR of 10K
but should be OK with rear axle and tire maximums.

Thanks !

At GVW, you're likely to have somewhere between 3300 and 3800 lbs on the pin. Not sure of what the CCC is, but that's =really= cutting it close, IMO, even if you =are= within the RAWR and tire ratings. You'd have to run pretty d@mn light to make this work.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Unless you fulltime, you'll likely not load to full 15K, but using 20 percent of that, being 3K, plus hitch 200lbs, would you still have room on RAWR/tires? You said you have truck axle weights, truck empty, which I'm guessing rear axle weighs around 3K. You may need airbags to enhance suspension, but tires should be good. It will be a load, but do able, if not fully loaded. That should be a nice, quality built FW.

Jerry

BeeTee
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer GVWR is 15 K.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The 10K GVWR is for registration and class 2 rating. If you have room on your rear axle/tires for the loaded pin wt, plus hitch, etc, it should work for you.

What is GVWR of the FW?

Jerry

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will likwly be way over load carrying capacity.