cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Television antenna

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
I am in a park with no cable, hoisted the antenna and did the scan, no channels available. I went out and happened to look up, and my antenna is missing! I am sure I bought it down last time out, in fact I raised it a few minuets before, so it had to be down. The mast is still there, but I can see the frared end of the cable and no antenna! Anyone have an idea of what could have happened?
7 REPLIES 7

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Was you moving with the antenna cranked-up? maybe that was the problem...

You can purchase replacement parts for those at many places - check on-line

When buying the BATWING section make sure it has the UHF DIPOLES on it. The work very well with the new digital HDTV local TV stations. Should look like this

Roy Ken

No as I stated it was down when I got to this camp ground, so I am sure I had put it down the last time we used it! Thanks for the tip on the UHF dipoles!

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Being you did scrape something and punctured your roof, maybe it wasn't so bad loosing the antenna. If you didn't, you may not have discovered the holes in the roof until you got some water intrusion and did a lot worse damage. :E

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was you moving with the antenna cranked-up? maybe that was the problem...

You can purchase replacement parts for those at many places - check on-line

When buying the BATWING section make sure it has the UHF DIPOLES on it. The work very well with the new digital HDTV local TV stations. Should look like this

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-FL5500A-FlatWave-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B00BN5Z2WM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437404982&sr=8-1&keywords=wineguard+flatwave
I replaced original batwing with one on my last MH. Went from 13 channels received to 32!!!
So on my new 2016 Vegas 24.1 I replaced before ever using the one that came on the MH.

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I went up to check it out before it got to hot, looks like I scrapped a low hanging branch somewhere, I have scrape marks and a few punctures in the roof! I am thinking about getting some enternabond tape to fix the punctures. The antenna snapped of at the plastice bracket I think I can get a replacement and re connect it! Oh well, I thought I was ok every place I have been, never heard anything!

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
it happened to me too.

I think i caught a branch and the head was ripped off... these things happen.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like someone needed it more than you did. I lost a batwing style antenna on my MH and TC once due to wind, but not the whole head assembly. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH