cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tires again

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Don't like the junk tires on my 2014 ( new but used) 3305 Voltage .
Trying to find Sailun 235/80R/16 and sent numerous emails locally and to Sailun.
Anyone have tires shipped to Canada? May have to do it despite the crappy dollar.

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
walker111 wrote:
Good to hear. I read similar opinions and only have 2 axles so not as big an issue. Was thinking I could run them at 95 psi unless I had 15 k plus.

Suggest that you email Sailun for a load and inflation chart for that specific tire to ensure tire is not run at low inflation for the load. Low inflation cause the tire to run very hot.

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear. I read similar opinions and only have 2 axles so not as big an issue. Was thinking I could run them at 95 psi unless I had 15 k plus.

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
An observation from my first tight backing turn into my side yard with the new Sailuns:

The scrubbing of the tires in a tight turn on the triple axle seemed much less ugly. I think the tire compound, side walls and lack of "knobs" on the edges of the tire allowed them to slip easier. Much less pucker factor. I'm liking these tires!
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
I was told by more than one tire guy that "pretty much" if the tire fits the rim, the rim can handle the tires ratings.

Which I guess is why the tires with 123psi tend to be 17.5 in. wheels.

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it was part of the problem. I called one Kal and they did not know the brand. Tried another actually closer to my house and they took care of me.
61 pounds each with load rating of 4000 plus a bit. Important as my hauler is dual axle. I need to check the rim specs as these tires are 110 psi.
Anyone know the rim capacity on an 8 bolt 16" from a voltage 3305?

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I was on the Sailun CDN website and asked for a dealer near me. It coughed up Kal Tire. When I went to that dealer's website, it didn't list Sailuns. GO figure.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
Any idea what each Sailun S637 weighs?

61 lbs per Sailun website catalog.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
For what it's worth, I can get the Sailun dealer web site to come up using Firefox, but not Internet Explorer for some reason?

Sailun Dealer listings.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Any idea what each Sailun S637 weighs?

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help here. Took a few days but was able to find a local dealer and ordered a set of sailuns this morning. About 1000 installed but good piece of mind and fair price.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
walker111 wrote:
mapguy wrote:
walker111 wrote:
Trying to find Sailun 235/80R/16 and sent numerous emails locally and to Sailun.
Anyone have tires shipped to Canada? May have to do it despite the crappy dollar.

Thanks

Look for a dealer here:
Sailun CA website

Thanks. I sent an email yesterday but it was showing error. I just sent an email on the Canadian site.

much appreciated

the dealer locator might be quicker:
http://www.sailuntires.ca/MRT/dealer-locator.html

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
mapguy wrote:
walker111 wrote:

Thanks

Look for a dealer here:
Sailun CA website

Thanks. I sent an email yesterday but it was showing error. I just sent an email on the Canadian site.

much appreciated

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
walker111 wrote:

Thanks

I just bought some 235/85-16 from Simpletire.com. Wasn't able to find the 80s in the US. But the Canadian Sailun site lists them so I would think they would be easier to find IN Canada. Good luck, very nice tires.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
walker111 wrote:

Thanks

Look for a dealer here:
Sailun CA website