Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailair Flex air

Oldtimecarp
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at upgrading my pin box to the trailair flex air. My local dealer says
That he has seen where this pin box will hit the rails on sides of box.
Anyone heard of this issue? I have a 2015 ram 3500 srw crew short box
With B&W companion.
Thanks
Dan
7 REPLIES 7

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 gmc 6.5ft box with b&w hitch patriot. My pin box is trailair 18000lb. This has the airbag and shock if I don't put more than 80-90 lbs in it I smack the box everytime . Had to raise the electrical box. I cant raise it the hitch due to the trailer is riding 1-1/2 high now

Oldtimecarp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, through searching I couldn't find any issues and sometimes it's just best to ask. I'm glad I did. I'm not trying to solve any problems or issues. I'm very happy with the B&W companion. I was just thinking when you have that kind of money in your fifth wheel, why not help the ride in tow vehicle and give the fifth wheel frame a little cushion.
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
Dan

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I have the trail air rota flex and have no issues.

I have a "15" F-350 with a super glide and the Flex Air, no issue for me
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Yup, you could definitely have this problem!

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD, SRW, short bed with a Demco Hyjacker Autoslide hitch. The hitch has three height settings and I have to have it in the highest position. Otherwise, the rear of the Trail Air Tri Glide would hit the side rails if I turned beyond about 45 degrees. The setup results in the front of my trailer being about 3 inches above level (towing nose up), but it has not negatively affected the way it tows.

There are various models of the Trail Air, and maybe the Flex Air doesn't have this problem, but my Tri Glide (Model L07) does. (It seems to be a design error to me.) I wasn't able to find it online. Maybe it is no longer available.

Except for having to tow nose high, I do like the ride the Flex Air provides.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
What issue are you trying to solve? I put a Trail Air pinbox on my trailer a few years back, and don't think the ride is much better now than it was before.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

backlater
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Ram 3500 DRW with a Reese hitch and have no problems with the Flex air, our side rails should be about the same height.