cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Cones While in RV Park or Campground

MtnMike
Explorer
Explorer
I always carry three cones for emergency situations while on the road. I use them behind my rig if I have to stop along the shoulder of the road for more than a few minutes. What's been your experience when set up in an RV Park or campground? Are they useful when parked? Have they saved your rig from damage from others who may not be as careful? Is three enough when in camp?
MtnMike
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
2017 Dodge Laramie Longhorn Ram 3500; 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, DRW
32 REPLIES 32

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
We carry cones.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
X2 w/ the triangles. Plus a Hi Viz vest probly not a bad idea to carry if you break down on the road.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 40' MH and never had a problem. I think there's a collapsible orange cone someplace in one of the compartments that the wife wanted to take with us, but I've never gone looking for it.

For the road I prefer the orange triangle reflectors. I think they show up better and they take up less room.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.