cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voltage Triton 3521

BiXLL
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in upgrading to a 5th wheel toy hauler. I found a floorplan I am in love with. Can anybody tell me their thoughts on Dutchman/Voltage/Triton build quality. I have been readings some really bad reviews on older Dutchman Voltages
13 REPLIES 13

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
BiXLL wrote:
Gotta say, really bummed. This floor plan fits us perfectly

I wouldn't be that bummed. I looked and it does seem like a really nice floor plan. Yes, I said it seemed lower quality than what we ended up buying. But what we bought also cost more. Go look at it yourself, and see what you think.

In the end, IMO, it's less about the manufacturer these days, and more about finding a good dealer that is good to work with on repairs (ie not Camping World or Gander).
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

dedmiston
BiXLL wrote:

Check it out in person then and judge the quality for yourself.

I think that the sad reality is that all new RVs have their problems, and it's pretty normal to have to take it back to the dealer for warranty repairs.

I would look closer at the dealer's Yelp reviews for repairs than anything else, because you'll need to partner up with them for your first year of ownership.

The day our warranty punch-list was done and I could finally say goodbye to our horrible dealer service center (Giant RV) was one of the best days of my life. I've never been happier to flip someone, I mean say goodbye to someone. Since then, we've hired a great mobile tech to deal with any of the odd problems that I can't fix myself. Our trailer has been a dream since then though.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I have not seen a decently built RV in a few years. The higher end units, not built by Thor or FR seem to be better but I can't say for sure. The difference in build quality from my 2007 Rage'n to my 2019 Wildcatt is night and day. And the Rage'n was built after WW bought them from National.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

BiXLL
Explorer
Explorer

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Toy Hauler forum from 5th wheels.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

BiXLL
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to go put this in the Toy Hauler form.

We looked at the Triton's when shopping back in 2017 for our Toyhauler. They were slightly cheaper than the Impact we ended up buying. They felt a lot cheaper in terms of materials used etc. And at the time, didn't come with auto-leveling even as an option which killed it for us.

We were very happy with our Keystone Impact. No major issues other than the front AC died on one of our first trips... but that was an issue with Dometic. Also the gray exterior faded super fast, as we had it parked outside in the sun. I noticed they got rid of the gray exteriors now. We only traded it in because we decided we wanted a shorter traditional 5th wheel.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing has really changed in the manufacturing of mass produced RVs, whether 15 years ago or now, they are simply pushed down the assembly line as fast as they can get them out the door. When purchasing a new RV it is paramount that the dealer has a good track record for service after the sale, regardless of the price range or brand every RV has defects. Most issues are minor, some remain hidden under warranty only to fail somewhere down the road. Really pays to be handy with tools, that way you can fix it the right way.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know a lot of people are shocked by the low quality of the Voltages....

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you pay guys $12-15/hour, you can't expect perfection.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Join the Dutchmen owner's forum.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

BiXLL
Explorer
Explorer
Actually it was in your year range I was reading all the bad reviews. I am hoping to hear from some newer model owners

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
My Voltage was full of problems for the first six months of ownership; we were hating it. Once I fixed the problems it's been a reliable trailer.

Almost all trailers by all manufacturers are built quickly without any quality control. The line workers are paid by how many units they can work on so they're not interested in doing it right, only fast.

One example is the worker installing the middle, fully-ducted a/c was in too much of a hurry to clean out the sawdust before applying sealing tape. Of course the tape didn't stick to anything and all the cold air vanished into the ceiling. Another rushed job was the builder didn't use wide enuf plywood under our queen bed so that about 8 inches on the side of the mattress had no supporting plywood under it.

You take your chances with any RV you buy.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE