cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Want to change rig to Sundance XLT 285

rayrbrooks
Explorer
Explorer
We are wanting to change rigs to a Sundance XLT 285 TS. Anybody have any comments on the Sundance rig?
2012 F250 Lariat Diesel
2012 Keystone Alpine 3600
Ray, Kay, and Reba. Reba is a 2yr old Australian Shepard that is learning about traveling in an RV
5 REPLIES 5

rkcolo
Explorer
Explorer
We have the XLT 285TS for near two years. I had an extra heat vent added (under warranty) in the main area as the heat balance was poor with only the one vent in the rear. Outside of the heat, no issues. Added a second 12V battery along with an invertor and solar. We enjoy ours.

Nick
Colorado

LiLGTO71
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2011 Sundance 3300QS. Made sure the axles were 6000 pounders and it had a 15k AC unit. We have been to TX twice and several trips to OR and So CA. Never an issue. It only came with one 12V battery, so I put two 6V batteries in along with a solar charging system and a 2000W Inverter. I can camp for a week and not run out of power. The Sundance and Elk Ridge lineup are great entry level 5ers. Mine has served us well. JMHO

John
Central CA

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
we have the sundance 3270res. no complaints here. we had a couple of minor issues after 1st trip, no problems getting repaired. heartland seems to stand behind their products when needed.
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Sundance 2900MK that was built in April 2008. It has been towed over 60,000 miles. I ordered it with 6,000 lb axles.
We are very happy with it. Have had a few very minor issues when it was new. Inverter went the first year and had a few leaks.
After 5 years of towing, Rebushed the springs and a new set of tires was the biggest expense so far. One of the rims developed a leak and had to be replaced.
As I type this it occurs to me that most of my problems were related to the HD axles???
Why did I pay for the extra capacity? I guess there may have been even mower problems with the lighter ones.

Ours has held up very well. Most who see our camper are surprised to learn how old it is.

I have never looked at a xlt model, but I understand they are lighter. So this would not be a apples to apples comparison.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sundance is Heartlands lower line 5er. From the ones I have seen, I'd have them put a bit larger tire on it and also not a Chinese tire.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot