cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

waste of money

donewithtruckin
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced all my suspension spring and rocker bushing in 2015. All were what they call" wet bolts" with plastic" so called" bushings. Great now I can grease them yearly and they will last a long time. The first year most greased very easy. This year unable to get any grease to go in. So I guess I should just let them ware out!
13 REPLIES 13

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
yep I had that problem too them somebody told me to raise the tires off the ground with my level-up to take the weight off the side I was working on and THEN the grease went in them no problem:) and also on both of my 5er's my wet bolt bushings were bronze (Mor-Ryde)
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
time2roll wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Never Fail Bushing & Wet Bolts
Those are not greasable bolts.

My bad!!:S

Came up in search for wet bolts, and only one without bronze bushings.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^You can't really call that a "Wet Bolt" kit because there's no lube involved, and no way to lube the bushings. Which I suppose is the point. ๐Ÿ™‚

But those were the bushings I was referring to.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
donewithtrucking wrote:
Replaced all my suspension spring and rocker bushing in 2015. All were what they call" wet bolts" with plastic" so called" bushings. Great now I can grease them yearly and they will last a long time. The first year most greased very easy. This year unable to get any grease to go in. So I guess I should just let them ware out!

Not sure the advantage of putting wet bolts in with plastic/nylon bushings. Was it just wet bolts, or the new wet bolts with 1/4" thick HD shackles?
The Mor-Ryde Kits come with the HD shackles, wet bolts and bronze bushings.

My son just bought a new triple axle toy hauler with wet bolts ,and nylon bushings. Think about it , it beats running those nylon bushings dry . 1/4" are standard shackles 1/2" is the heavy duty.

I upgraded a few years ago on my fifth wheel to the Mor-Ryde kit 1/2" shackle plates, and wet bolts. I had a lot of miles on the nylon bushings, and was wondering to myself why I was doing the upgrade when knocking out perfectly good nylon bushings ,that showed no signs of wear.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
donewithtrucking wrote:

Not sure the advantage of putting wet bolts in with plastic/nylon bushings. Was it just wet bolts, or the new wet bolts with 1/4" thick HD shackles?
The Mor-Ryde Kits come with the HD shackles, wet bolts and bronze bushings.

ON EDT: Is this what you bought??

Never Fail Bushing & Wet Bolts
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe it's those neverlube bushings. They kind of look like a dark plastic.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Never seen a wet bolt kit with plastic bushings, most have bronze. The whole purpose of the kit is to get away from the plastic bushings.

Wonder if they put the wrong parts in the kit?

donewithtruckin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help! Yea I bought mine from etrailer! I'll jack it up and try again when I get up north on some solid ground.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I bought a set of wet bolts from eTrailer and half of them weren't fully drilled.
So there's no way I could get grease in them.
Unless your positive you successfully greased them when you first installed them, that may be your problem too.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Wet bolts with plastic bushings? Where do you get that kit?

I addition to 3/9 o'clock install I gave my grease openings a bit of a chamfer to help the initial grease flow.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
rjxj wrote:
Often times when wet bolts are used, bronze bushings are also used. You might try lifting the rig so that the axles drop and try greasing again with the pressure off everything.

x2. That's a first step. Second step is to be sure that the bolts were put in so that the grease holes were horizontal. If they were put in vertically, then this is exactly what happens; the grease and dirt harden and plug up the grease holes. Also, I've =never= heard of a wet bolt kit that didn't have bronze bushings as part of the kit.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Often times when wet bolts are used, bronze bushings are also used. You might try lifting the rig so that the axles drop and try greasing again with the pressure off everything.