cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

weekend warrior help

TraciK
Explorer
Explorer
I found a 2006 28 ft weekend warrior superlite fifth wheel that I considering going to look at.

In my researching I found where there is some frame problems. Does anyone know if this is in the bumper pull only or in both? I been searching for this answer and can not find it. I'm tired of looking. lol

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
I know the super lights had the thinner steel tongues. 1/8" think and the went to 3/16". A lot were bending upward over time.

WW did add some outridders after we had ours for a year and took in for some small warranty items. I didn't ask them to and I wasn't having any isuues with my walls and or frame. They just did it. Glad they did. No problems to date with the frame.
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

Sprinks542
Explorer
Explorer
Hate to say it but I'd move on and keep looking. Had an FB2100 and nothing but problems. Whole front end cap was coming apart and off.
15 Ford F-350 DRW PSD CC
17 417 Fuzion
15 Xds Turbo Maverick.
13 Maverick X rs
07 Can-Am Outlander 800
08 Can-Am Renegade 500

JMT2
Explorer
Explorer

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
There were two main issues with WW Superlite models

1)Weak tongues on bumper pulls that caused bending. I can't remember the exact years affected but WW did go to hearvier gaugue steel at one point to address. Not an issue for a 5er.

2) Sagging walls/outriggers. Either bumper pull or 5er can be affected by this. Easiest way to tell if a unit has sagging walls it to inspect the wheel weels on the inside of the trailer. If they are square and level against the wall you are OK, if they appear to be leaning outwards and developing gaps from the wall then the outriggers/walls have began to sag.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

TraciK
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so what if they were repaired? Should we still stay away from them or should they be good to go?

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Most all the frame problems...regardless of manufacturer were/are with 5th wheels around (or adjacent to) the pin area.
Mostly have been Lippert frames.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro