cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weekend Warrior WLFSC 2800 Pull Trailer

adnohguy
Explorer
Explorer
Noobee here, just purchased a used Weekend Warrior WLFSC 2800 Pull Trailer.
WLFSC means "Wide Lite Front Sleeper" but I asking what the "C" means in WLFSC?
Weekend Warrior is no longer in bussiness and cannot find the meaning on the web.
Any Ideas would be much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚
14 REPLIES 14

adnohguy
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
adnohguy wrote:
I Will do a fuel system flush and a Gen set oil change also. (15-40 Rotella a good choice?)

Honestly I've always just used the oil/filter from Onan, it's not that much more expensive and never had any problems. I buy enough oil for a change and half, and 2 filters at a time.

This is a good thread to read over talking about issues using different type of oil; 5500 generator keeps shutting down after break in oil change

Thanks Y-Guy, I have read that article and found it very interesting, but my 4.0 GenSet has no oil filter. I recieved every owners manual that was supplied with the trailer including the GenSet. It states straigt 30wt for most normal conditions and temps, but suggest a multi grade for very cold conditions. Im not new to trailers, have had a 5th, several pulls, two motorhomes, etc. We dry camp more in the cold winter than the hot summer. Once a year we camp for the whole Deer season in No. Calif for the whole month of October.
What grade of Onan engine oil do you use? We have an Onan dealer/service center in West Sacto near my place of employment....
Oil cost is not an issue.

Bedlam
I had good luck with my FB2200 and sold it only because I needed more garage space. Mine was the smallest of the wide bodies and had phenomenal capacities for its size but weighed 7500 lbs when empty. I never had issues with the original tires but had to go up a load range with the replacements due to failures. My biggest complaint with ours was lack of insulation because we camp year round. The heater could keep up but our windows and walls would sweat even with vents open and we could burn through a tank of LPG in two nights.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Y-Guy
adnohguy wrote:
I Will do a fuel system flush and a Gen set oil change also. (15-40 Rotella a good choice?)

Honestly I've always just used the oil/filter from Onan, it's not that much more expensive and never had any problems. I buy enough oil for a change and half, and 2 filters at a time.

This is a good thread to read over talking about issues using different type of oil; 5500 generator keeps shutting down after break in oil change

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

adnohguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hap Hazard wrote:
Welcome to the forum and to owning a Great โ€œToyhaulerโ€. You may not be aware that in its day the Weekend Warrior was considered one of the top makes of T/H and was a best seller. Therefore they were a target by many owners of other brands.

Many of the issues you see and read about are the result of that Ford Vs Chevy, Vs Mopar battle in the T/H world. WW did have some very real problems and you should be aware of them. So like others have suggested read the WW history links carefully.

The frame issues (were well known by the T/H community and the public) and were resolved by the time of the 2005 FSC production run.

Before WW appeared to be in financial trouble I checked into this frame issue and verified with the factory my unit was not part of the problem. If it was, I wanted factory warranty work done.

WW also got caught up in a recall for problems with the taillights. This also contributed to their downfall.

You will also hear many complaints about tires on this site. All I can say is that Iโ€™ve had (1) tire failure in over 20,000 miles of towing my unit. That tire was 6 years old but had good tread. Like a fool I pushed it for one last trip before I planned on replacing it and it got me, (never run trailer tires more than 5 years from their manufacturing date.

I see many a T/H being towed at 70mph + and have to believe this is part of the problem as that speed generates a lot of heat in a tire.

Towing weight is another factor. WWโ€™s were known for bad weight listings. Load your unit as you would when you travel or stop while on an actual road trip at a truck scale and get a real world weight slip. My unit tops out at just over 19,000 lbs. when loaded.

I pulled my original advertising and spec sheet for our 2005 FSC2800 to look for factual information for you. 1st I was told and believed the โ€œCโ€ in FSC stood for cabin or coach (as told to me by the dealer). Looking at the ad for my unit it states: โ€œFSC 2800-3200โ€ it then list 4 bullet points. * Front queen bedroom, * Huge pass through basement storage, * Corner gallery kitchen, and last *large solar windows. No other details or description is given for the FSC.

Enjoy your new unit and the road trips you take.
Hap

A Thank you goes out to everyone here on RV.net who has responded. Actually I read all 55 pages last night. While discuraging at times, it was all so interesting, I could not stop.
With a little insight and determinantion, this knowlege will help me to pinpoint potential problems in advance.(hopefully). My WW is not parked at my house and the fist chance to really go over everthing will be this weekend. (Its a 2008 but I need to find the date of manufacture)
Knowing what I know now and what to look for, hopefully I will not find anything thats beyond an easy repair?
I was told that my WW was originaly purchased in Arizona then towed to Galt CA. where it was lived in for three months and never used since.
The Onan 4.0 only has 7 hours on it! It starts up easy and seems to run great considering the fuel tank(s) apear to have the original fuel that came with it new? (Smells and looks real bad)
Even though the tires all look great, i will need to replace them all soon...Ugh, 7 tires! (Costco sells 80 PSI trailer tires). (but made in China) I will look at all wheel bearings and adjust the brakes as well. I will pick up some self leveling roof sealant soon and touch up the roof as required, as well as some tube sealant to touch up the windows and end caps (any anything else that I can find) any recomendations on a clear sealant? (besides Silicone)
I rely on Spell check a lot but its not working, so I apoligise in advance.
Got a first trip planned in April....excited to say the least!
Again, thank you all for your help.

Guy

Hap_Hazard
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and to owning a Great โ€œToyhaulerโ€. You may not be aware that in its day the Weekend Warrior was considered one of the top makes of T/H and was a best seller. Therefore they were a target by many owners of other brands.

Many of the issues you see and read about are the result of that Ford Vs Chevy, Vs Mopar battle in the T/H world. WW did have some very real problems and you should be aware of them. So like others have suggested read the WW history links carefully.

The frame issues (were well known by the T/H community and the public) and were resolved by the time of the 2005 FSC production run.

Before WW appeared to be in financial trouble I checked into this frame issue and verified with the factory my unit was not part of the problem. If it was, I wanted factory warranty work done.

WW also got caught up in a recall for problems with the taillights. This also contributed to their downfall.

You will also hear many complaints about tires on this site. All I can say is that Iโ€™ve had (1) tire failure in over 20,000 miles of towing my unit. That tire was 6 years old but had good tread. Like a fool I pushed it for one last trip before I planned on replacing it and it got me, (never run trailer tires more than 5 years from their manufacturing date.

I see many a T/H being towed at 70mph + and have to believe this is part of the problem as that speed generates a lot of heat in a tire.

Towing weight is another factor. WWโ€™s were known for bad weight listings. Load your unit as you would when you travel or stop while on an actual road trip at a truck scale and get a real world weight slip. My unit tops out at just over 19,000 lbs. when loaded.

I pulled my original advertising and spec sheet for our 2005 FSC2800 to look for factual information for you. 1st I was told and believed the โ€œCโ€ in FSC stood for cabin or coach (as told to me by the dealer). Looking at the ad for my unit it states: โ€œFSC 2800-3200โ€ it then list 4 bullet points. * Front queen bedroom, * Huge pass through basement storage, * Corner gallery kitchen, and last *large solar windows. No other details or description is given for the FSC.

Enjoy your new unit and the road trips you take.
Hap

dedmiston
Y-Guy wrote:
adnohguy wrote:
Are they known to crack in the same place on all of them? And what is involved in a permanent repair.

I can't provide much insight since I didn't own a WW. But the other mod in Toy Haulers, dedmiston does and knows a bit more about the over all issue. I'll ask him to check in on this thread when he's able. What year is your WW?

Hey there. Welcome to the forum. Yes, the WW Repairs thread that Y-Guy linked to has a pretty good chronicle of the troubles with the frames on some of their units. See if you can measure the thickness of your frame.

Also, just in case you don't make it through every page of that thread, here's a link to a post with a picture of one of the major changes included in the new design:

LINK

All of these issues took place almost eight years ago. If yours had these problems, they probably would have surfaced by now.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
By the time the WLFSC 2800 Pull Trailers came out WW pretty much had the frame issue handled so I don't think it should be an issue for you. The WW that did were made before that model came in to WW line up.
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

adnohguy
Explorer
Explorer
BigDogF250 wrote:
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of information regarding WW trailers out there. I'm not unhappy with mine, the problems I have had are common to most trailers.

I was told the C stands for Center Kitchen, where the refer was moved to the other side of the trailer and it provided more counter top. At least that's what the sales guy told me about mine :). It was actually a design I liked enough to add to the desire to purchase that model.

Enjoy!

Ok then that makes sense. The fridge on my 2008 is on the kitchen side of the bathroom with the sink in the corner behind the shower.
Sounds like our are similar then?

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of information regarding WW trailers out there. I'm not unhappy with mine, the problems I have had are common to most trailers.

I was told the C stands for Center Kitchen, where the refer was moved to the other side of the trailer and it provided more counter top. At least that's what the sales guy told me about mine :). It was actually a design I liked enough to add to the desire to purchase that model.

Enjoy!
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

Y-Guy
adnohguy wrote:
Are they known to crack in the same place on all of them? And what is involved in a permanent repair.

I can't provide much insight since I didn't own a WW. But the other mod in Toy Haulers, dedmiston does and knows a bit more about the over all issue. I'll ask him to check in on this thread when he's able. What year is your WW?

adnohguy
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
First of all Welcome and congrats on your RV!

No idea what the C stands for, maybe Cargo.

As tinner12002 noted there were some frame issues on some models, you might want read through this thread, WW Repairs to see if you're might have been one of them on the recall list. Sadly the website that was up about this issue has been taken down but I imagine if you read through it you'll get some information.

"Cracked frame" Wow that was a surprise...was not expecting that, since I just got it...
Better to find out about it now rather than the side of the road I suppose?
I will read the article when I can look it up.

Python_330
Explorer
Explorer
On my 06 WW 5th wheel CR3905 the CR stands for center refer.

Y-Guy
First of all Welcome and congrats on your RV!

No idea what the C stands for, maybe Cargo.

As tinner12002 noted there were some frame issues on some models, you might want read through this thread, WW Repairs to see if you're might have been one of them on the recall list. Sadly the website that was up about this issue has been taken down but I imagine if you read through it you'll get some information.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.weekendwarriortoyhauler.com/

The new Weekend Warrior, might check with them they may be able to tell you.
The C probably stands for cracked frame...the old ones seem to be noted for that.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP