cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Well since we are not towing with a half ton i dont have to worry about everysingle lbs we put inside the TH so latley i been doing some minor mods to make it a lil convient and to utilize as much space as we can. We got to thinking theres really no room to keep 4 towels (family of 4) in the bathroom. Its nice to just keep things in its place and know its there when needed. So i wanted to utilize the wall above the toilet since its bare and wasted space. I wanted a simple towel rack and not over complcated, well after looking online we decided to this wedge design so the towels will be there at all times and we dont have to wprry about them falling off when towing since i made it real snug.

LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

bullsnot
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a central vac at the wife's request. I was worried it was a waste of money. I haven't used it out and about but the initial use on the side of the house has the concept growing on me.

Oh and I threw in a new water pump. The old one was leaking. Decided to get a little higher flow pump rather than do a repair kit. I didn't realize how much quieter this one would be! Happy day.
2009 Keystone Fuzion 393
2014 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD w/Air Springs

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
I have been spending more time in the TH just cleaning checking things out making sure everythings in order and tightend up, yesterday night i was just checking out where all the elctrical stuff was water pump, how to access things etc. Got to looking under the kitchen sink and looking at the faucet so i decided to change it out. Went to home depot like at 9:30pm got a new faucet with a pull down sprayer and new supply lines 2 sharkbite shut off valves cut the pex added sharkbite valves new supply lines and one new faucet-wala. Love it! Next is adding undersink mount soap dispenser. Also going to do the bathroom faucet now.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Finished the install on the inverter cleaned up all the wires and did all the small stuff to make it look super clea . Crimped and soldered all the wires added heat shrink etc.

Heres the remote switch i added on the factory control panel, there was a bunk switch on the panel that wasnt in use since our th doesnt have bunks i just removed it cut a bigger hole for the inverter switch.

Mounted the inverter underneath our bed storage compartment.

All the wires crimped soldered and wire loomed +/- ground and the extension cord

Rambino
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
Rambino wrote:
Installed a TrailAir Tri-Glide pin box

Any pics? Have you towed with it yet?

Have yet to tow with it. But I am confident it will provide a better ride and make the rough roads less stressful on our rig.

Do not have any pics of the install process. Pretty much remove and replace. The OE pin box removal was an easy one person job. The TrailAir weighs at least twice the OE pin. Two to install. The old box has 12 bolt holes and the TrailAir has 18. I went overkill and purchased extra bolts. Left one bolt hole for the Break-away switch wiring. Used 3M dual lock (kind of like Velcro but better) to mount the switch.

2016 Attitude 28SAG
2012 Ram 3500 CTD
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
2007 Kawasaki KFX 700

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
Ours has a Trail Air box and I wouldn't have it any other way... It does make my trailer sit a little nose high but it's not a problem.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Rambino wrote:

Any pics? Have you towed with it yet?
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced a table leg mount in the floor. Cheap metal broke after 10 years, I guess if I get 10 years from the next one I will be happy. Found one on Amazon for about $11.
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned it out.
Signing it over to a new owner tomorrow. Wife is sad but she knows we will be looking for a new one soon.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

Rambino
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Attitude 28SAG
2012 Ram 3500 CTD
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
2007 Kawasaki KFX 700

qchunter
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, both ends have a hinged cap. It makes it easier to access. I also made a cage out of 1/2" pvc that holds my hose inside the tube. It should keep everything from moving around in there.
2014 Iconic 2415AKG - 30' Toyhauler
2005 GMC 2500 Duramax

sin_cal_hd
Explorer
Explorer
qchunter wrote:
sin cal hd wrote:
qchunter wrote:

Finally got around to installing my sewer hose holder. Had to install under the front since the th has no bumper. It will be better than storing it over the generator.

Could you post a pic of the cap and latch? My parents want to do this to their trailer. Thanks.

Here you go. I can get a close up if needed, just let me know. I used a hinge on one side but had to trim the lip on the cap so it would open easily. The other side I used a hasp and found some pins that had a ring that held tension so it always wants to stay closed. Got it at home Depot.

Works for me thanks. Did you put a hinge on both ends of the tube? The pics look like 2 different angles of the hinge on either side.
2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

qchunter
Explorer
Explorer
sin cal hd wrote:
qchunter wrote:

Finally got around to installing my sewer hose holder. Had to install under the front since the th has no bumper. It will be better than storing it over the generator.

Could you post a pic of the cap and latch? My parents want to do this to their trailer. Thanks.

Here you go. I can get a close up if needed, just let me know. I used a hinge on one side but had to trim the lip on the cap so it would open easily. The other side I used a hasp and found some pins that had a ring that held tension so it always wants to stay closed. Got it at home Depot.

2014 Iconic 2415AKG - 30' Toyhauler
2005 GMC 2500 Duramax

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Nice sewer hose holder install. My 2013 powerlite came with the same one as ORbiker but one night we rolled up to camp ground and there was a small trough, I was to lazy to back up and go around, I decided to cruise through it and there was a rock sticking out the ground we didnt see and the sewer hose holder caught it and ripped off and my rear bumper has a dent. ๐Ÿ™‚

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
My 2016 380TH came with the sewer hose holder. It's a bit back of the rear door with openings on both ends.

Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.