cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

Pat___Karen
Explorer
Explorer
Joe Camper,
Nice rig. What kind of hitch are you using? I have the same truck and we may be getting a fiver in the next couple of years.
17 Ram 3500 SLT Big Horn CCLB CTD 6 speed auto
17 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
63 DH Fire Fighter 33 years
63 DW 1st Grade Teacher 12 years
95 DD Equestrian 10 years
2005 Ddog
2013 Other Ddog

Hey Joe Camper , that is one real nice camper !!! Our dealer just started selling those and last time I was there, me and DW walked through a few and really liked them !!! Good Luck and Happy Camping Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Joe Camper,
SWEET!!! Congrats.

Joe_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
On the way home from picking up our new Open Range 399BHS. Towed great, can't wait for the first official trip next weekend. We did spend two nights in it on the way home from picking it up, but they don't count since we didn't have a campfire ๐Ÿ˜‰

=================================================
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, CTD, 4x4, auto

2010 Open Range 399BHS

canuck_1
Explorer
Explorer
Kinyocase,
That sure would look good behind my 76 chev dually. Nice find

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Kinyocase, What a wonderful story! I am so glad you were able to get the 5er back in the family! Just think of all the memories you can now add to the ones you already have of spending that precious time with your Grandfather! Just wonderful!
Many Happy Trails, Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

Kinyocase
Explorer
Explorer
It has the exact same smell it did when I was younger. It's been a good 12+ years since I went in it, but those are the things that you just don't forget. Still waiting for the ground to dry enough to move it to it's proper location. The ground was wet at the time we moved it, and the truck just about didn't make it out of underneath the trailer. I live in 100% clay, and it's certainly not a proper place to be pulling a trailer.

duane124
Explorer
Explorer
way to go kinyocase

a sentimental question? does it still have the same "smell" it did when you were a kid?

im sure you have noticed already but the tech forum on this board is loaded with knowledgable people that can help you work through issues as the happen to pop up

marter
Explorer
Explorer
That's OK enjoy your nre fifth wheel. Seen guys who have towed trailers forever get into a tight spot once in a while. Of course I didn't make matters any better LOL
1 Wonderful Wife 31 years !! :B
3 Great grown kids
1 Great jack russel (Milo)11 years old
250 Ford Super Duty 6.2 liter
Montana High Country 338db

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Kinyocase wrote:
I decided this year that I was going to try to talk him into selling it to me. $300 dollars cash and a fully built website later I had full ownership of my grandfathers 5er.
Kinyocase of Montana

Congrats, let the memories continue.

dleonardtx
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the group and the 5er rigs. I started with a 1972 26' Mallard travel trailer. Then didn't have a rig for 20 years. Bought a new 2005 Wildcat and have many good times in it already. Hope to head to Alaska soon, maybe this summer if I can swing it.

Enjoy your new found rig and have fun.

Kinyocase
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Folks,

I'm new to both 5th wheels and this forum. When I was younger my Grandfather used to take me camping with my sister out on Flathead lake in Montana. He used this tiny old Dodge that was converted to propane to pull his 1977 Aljo 32' 5th wheel. He passed away a couple years ago, and my father took possesion of the camper. He sold it to a gentleman that just let the 5er sit out in a small field. I decided this year that I was going to try to talk him into selling it to me. $300 dollars cash and a fully built website later I had full ownership of my grandfathers 5er. I've never towed anything bigger than a 16' car hauler, and am only 24 years of age. We currently do not have a truck to tow with, and don't have the money to purchase one at this time. The 5er is in a bit of rough shape but nothing to heart breaking. Can't wait to get a 3/4ton and start pulling this baby to the lake. The tag on the side (incredibly faded, and barely legible) states that the GVWR of the camper is only 9,000 lbs, and dry weight according to nada is 6200 lbs. I certainly think a well suited 3/4ton should be able to handle it. Enjoy the pic. When I have it actually parked where it should be I'll get some better pics.

Kinyocase of Montana

camperfool
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig guys. I wish I would have purchase a shorter 5th wheel back when because we like to find hidden away dispersed camping places located along trout streams.
2006 Keystone Laredo 32RS 5th wheel
Front bunks/rear bedroom
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 8.1 gas guzzler
300 watt solar panels/ solar water heater
dispersed camper enjoying Gods creation

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff and Lori - very nice! I know you will make wonderful memories with your new rig! Enjoy!
Happy Trails, Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

michiganracer2
Explorer
Explorer
Wont open dunno, sorry.
Scott & Michelle