cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

01 Jamboree GT 31W

Perick
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience with that era of Jamborees? A local dealer has one with 32k miles for $25,900 which I thought was a little high considering the age, but then again I'm comparing it to an 07 Winnebago Outlook with 51k I'm looking at for $35,911. (also fogging up decision are the El Monte units that run $24-29k for 2006 units with 120-140k miles).
5 REPLIES 5

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Older rigs often used "corrugated" aluminum siding. 2000+ year models mostly used laminated siding.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest difference between Tioga and Jamboree was in the siding. Jamboree had corrugated siding and Tioga was smooth. I had a '89 Jamboree when new and roof leaks in the cabover were a problem Check that area closely for soft spots.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
We had an '05 Jamboree 31-M and loved. We bought it new and never had any major problems with it. At times I feel bad about having traded it- we had a great time with it. Good points taken about tires and appliances...a lot will depend on how gently it was used. Above all I would inspect the roof carefully and look in all the cabinets for traces of water leakage and staining of the headliner around roof openings and appliances. If it smells moldy- walk away.

Perick
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for that info Bordercollie. The unit age and subsequently the age of the appliances is one thing that does concern me.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2004 Tioga 26Q new in 2003. We have replaced the roof AC unit, fridge, fresh water pump, converter charger and house and starting batteries to date, they all lasted about 10 years. Fleetwood Tioga and Jamboree lines are almost identical. Above appliances, etc., are mostly the same in all RV brands. Fleetwood housebox quality is "average" We have had no problems with chassis/drive train. Tires older than 5 years by date code should be replaced. Brakes system should be serviced and brake fluid changed. Engine cooling system should be tested and serviced including belts, hoses, clutch fan. Winnebago may be slightly better housebox quality and have improved features being newer. maybe have units inspected by a pro truck mechanic and an RV repair service and get written estimates for any repairs/upgrades needed. Watch for water leak stains/damage, expensive to fix. Don't buy on impulse, get any promises in writing on sales contract. Don't buy an extended warranty, most are full of loopholes/ripoffs.