cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1993 Firan Telstar

mikemc53
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know this is after the fact, since I already purchased this and am picking it up today but...does anyone know much about these coaches, in general?

My walk through and look over was not as in-depth as some and I'm sure I missed a lot of things but I am willing to deal with that because I know how I am. What I'm looking for here is anything that anyone knows of, or has something to offer about, the Firan Telstars.

This one is a 1993, 27 1/2 ft on an E350 chassis. 55K miles and seems to be in very good condition. Clean inside and out and seems to have been garage kept for all, or most of, its life.

I am new to MH ownership (selling my 35 ft TT) and won't be using this a lot but will occasionally make some short trips and one longer one (to Florida) each year.

Not looking for validation, just thoughts, opinions or experiences.

Thanks gang.
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
2 REPLIES 2

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mike,

Where is SE MI??
I am near the SW corner of DTW.

I know about old vehicles, there are some things you should do.
Get a little spiral bound notebook and start a maintenance log TODAY. Very soon, this will all run together and your memory will be pretty much worthless. (Says the guy that just discovered that his house banks is two years older than he thought.

First thing you should pay attention to is all the rubber. Even if stored indoors, it may be aging out. This is not just tires (those are a 7~10 year time bomb) but coolant, fuel and brake hoses too.

If the brake system has not been flushed, that is an expensive problem that is about to get you. Flushing is not that big a deal. If you do this yourself or with a friend, put teflon tape on the threads of the bleed screws and make sure that the rubber caps get back on. The Michigan road salt play hell with them.

If it is a gas engine, watch for fuel system related problems as it was not designed with what is now sold as "motor fuel".

Then, be ready for all the belts and hoses to be problems. If it is true to form, this will take about 10K miles and a years worth of travel to get completely sorted out.

If you take care of this coach, it will take care of you.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing specific, only that they are very well built. And that Ford is a very good chassis/engine/transmission.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB