cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1994 Holiday Rambler Diesel Pusher Engine compartment blower

Tryinlinux
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I am looking for a little info on my HR DP motorhome. In the engine compartment there is an electric blower that runs all the time the engine is running. The coach has vents on either side on the back and I am not sure how this is supposed to be plumbed ( no hoses on it when I bought it), and I cant seem to find any info in all of the manuals I have for the coach. Does anybody know its function, and how it is supposed to be hooked up? Any advise is appreciated.
Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

Tryinlinux
Explorer
Explorer
the back of the motorhome has a louvered vent on each side, nothing connected to them, and yes the blower runs anytime the engine is running.I have not seen anything like this on other coaches, only a side grill if you had a side mounted radiator.
Thanks again for all the replies. I would show a picture but I dont know how to just add it to a message. The pic is on my laptop, not at a url

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
A few people added a 12V fan to help cool the engine compartment but that was after you shut the engine off. Does it run anything the key is on?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
The only other thing I can think of is Aux Heat (switch on dash). Hot coolant circulates through a radiator under the bed and the blower forces hot air out into the bedroom. That blower would run all the time it's switched on.
-jbh-

Tryinlinux
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your response. It is not an AC condensor fan, it is more like ventilation in the engine compartment, but I am not sure how it is plumbed to do so.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
My 93 has the side-mount AC. It's on the passenger side and can clearly be heard.
-jbh-

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Older HR had a rear Side mounted Dash AC Condenser. It had an electric fan to blow thru it. Is this fan mounted on a Black Radiator/Condenser? Doug

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure it is not just the vacuum pump operating Some of those run continuously with the key on.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the fan just to move hot air out of the engine compartment?

Use this to post a picture.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.