cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1995 Bounder on Ford Chassis

tunabob
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1995 Fleetwood Bounder 34 foot on a Ford Chassis. The motor will not start. Mechanic checked it out and may be fuel pump. He determined this by testing the relay. I need to know if there is an easy or easier way to get to the fuel pump to diagnose it and change it. Think it is in the fuel tank. Motorhome is in our storage yard so getting it in the air in order to drop the tank will not be easy, Thinking or hoping there is maybe access under the bed but looked and did not see anything. I will be calling Fleetwood techs in the morning and also putting 5 gallons of gas in it to make sure fuel gauge is correct, it reads between 1/2 and 1/4 tank. Generator does start. Thanks for the help. Ken
19 REPLIES 19

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Wiring Diagram
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
fuel tank removal pics
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
There is a collision switch on the steering column which is past the relay. It has a reset switch on it. By the left foot.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a pic of a 1995 34ft bounder, looks like there is plenty of room to drop tank, maybe have to jack up motorhome just a little, you will also notice there is storage compartments between floor and gas tank so no way to get to gas tank from inside.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
That motorhome should be high enough to lower tank I would think, if not you should only have to raise the suspension some, there is no access to the gas tank from inside, and please don't make one either, its not a good idea.