cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1995 F53 dash air conditioner receiver/drier

pilotanpia
Explorer
Explorer
1995 F53 dash air conditioner receiver/drier, expansion valve.

My dash a/c compressor recently gave up the ghost. It took 3 attempts to procure the correct compressor. The new compressor is in but not electrically. Had to have compressor installed to safely drive the MH as the a/c belt also powers the hydraulic assist pump for steering and brakes.

To complete the a/c repair I need to procure an accumulator and expansion valve. On all of the auto parts web pages the accumulator listed is not the correct one. And they all call for an orifice tube not an expansion valve.

Is there anyone out there that has the information I need to acquire these two parts.

Thank you, in advance.
Donald L.
4 REPLIES 4

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Year not an issue. Same set up from 1986 to 1997.

here is a pic of how I previously stated to change the receive dryer.

95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
Your motorhome is a '95 but the A/C might be from 1994. One year can make a big difference with parts, as I found out with my '87 motorhome.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The receiver dryer is a Ford part. It comes with a unique dry break connection on the discharge end. The easy way out is get a dryer with tube "O" ring connections on both sides and a 90° tube "O" ring to barb fitting to put on the old hose.
The expansion valve is from the coach manufacture. If you have a Fleetwood product, the expansion valve is from Denso.
Most other coach manufactures use Evens Tempcon for their dash ACs.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Acme air has some parts. Evans is another source.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker