cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2002 tiffin zephyr

dreamerman54
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon folks. I am looking at a 2002 tiffin zephyr. It looks new, inside & out. It has 80,000 miles. The owner wants $115,000. The research I have done shows that to be "ball park" figure. I have an older gasser& wanting to step up to DP as retirement gets closer. What do you think?
10 REPLIES 10

dreamerman54
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. I am looking for a DP. The rest is subjective. A local RV consignment lot has an '06 Newmar Mountainair quad slide. I am going to look at it on Monday. It has been sitting for a long time. That adds to the things to be wary of. Wish me luck!

RFCN2
Explorer
Explorer
dreamerman54 - So far I like Dennis' answer the best. The Zephyr is one of the top coaches made then. If the floor plan is one you like is more important than number of slides. In my opinion the price sounds like it is in the ball park. The poster that told you to get an 08 or 09 Zephyr the that price is dreaming. A 08-09 Zephyr will be far more expensive. They cost over half a million new.
RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at this Monaco just listed on the Escapees forum.

2001 45' Monaco
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dreamerman54
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. I am still looking.

Grant_Lasson
Explorer
Explorer
I have one and it has been really enjoyable. The Zephyr has a quality chassis--something that the "four slide" crowd isn't valuing. Great, powerful motor. Very good fuel economy. High volume side radiator. Independent front suspension. Great transmission. The main room slide is huge.

You will have some expensive maintenance. I had the radiator re-cored three years ago and I replaced all the hoses, etc. at the same time. Your coach may have the infamous Parker-Chelsea PTO with the dry spline lubrication. Look into that. It cost me $6K when it went out. I have a friend with a similar Zephyr and his went out as well. Giant hassle to fix after it breaks. Country Coaches were infamous for this problem.

I would like to think that my coach is worth $120k but I don't think that is practical. The Zephyr in Georgia is more realistic.

Good luck.

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
For that kind of money you should be able to find something 2-3 years newer with four slides and fewer miles. Keep looking.

X2
2003 Safari Sahara 350HP Cummins ISC Allison 6 speed
Model 3753 - Triple Slide
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 toad

1950panman
Explorer
Explorer
i my self am looking too..sounds like tooo much..look for 08, 09 for that kind of money...i want to trade my show corvette and 96 tahoe for a used r/v..lane

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
For that kind of money you should be able to find something 2-3 years newer with four slides and fewer miles. Keep looking.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
HERE is one. Less miles, less cost.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you like it and you can afford it, with your wife's approval...buy it....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG