cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Ford F53 Brake Controller Install

JJ294
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Georgetown 350DS on a Ford F53 chassis. I need to install a brake controller to use for a tow dolly. I've read many post on this topic and understand there should be a gray connector behind the instrument panel for me to hook the BC to. While looking for the connector I came across a group of wires that are taped together by Ford and labeled "Brake Controller". These wires don't have a gray connector attached, they are just wires. Does this mean I need to splice the wires to my BC or should I keep looking for the gray BC connector from the vehicle? Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

JJ294
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I followed the bare wires labeled Brake controller to the plug and made the connection.

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Keep looking for the proper brake controller plug. Our 2001 F53 chassis had the plug under the dash and our 2013 has the same plug. I believe the same wiring harness is used on several models of truck chassis. The wires you've found are used on models with a built in brake controller.

Keep in mind the plug will probably not plug directly into your controller. Most after market controllers need a chassis specific jumper harness. The plug on 1 end matches the chassis socket and the plug on the other end matches the brake controller
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
My previous M/H was a 2003 F-53 and the ends were bare, I used solderless butt connectors and crimped them to the controller wires. I hope this helps, Bill
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing