cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 winnebago access slide not working??

jwlong
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Just recently purchased 2008 Winnebago access bunk house. Living room slide worked fine over the weekend camping and now will not work. The red parking brake light on the switch panel flashes but the parking brake is set. The rear slide works no problem. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
13 REPLIES 13

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
jwlong wrote:
Ok everyone let me update you.... Tonight I went out and manually cranked slide out. I was able to get the touch pad to go into manual mode and the slides came in. That immediately told me I have power to the slide. However the slide would not go out still flashed parking brake light. So I manually cranked slide out again. Running out of ideas I decided to push parking brake all the way down to the floor. What do you know the slide came in like it should, and now goes out like it should. I had ruled the parking brake out do to the rear slide working. How ever the parking brake sends two separate signals to two separate controllers. I could make it not work by not pushing brake all the way down. I never would have guessed that the brake would need pushed all the way down but it worked. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and happy camping!

Glad to hear it! Happy travels!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

jwlong
Explorer
Explorer
Ok everyone let me update you.... Tonight I went out and manually cranked slide out. I was able to get the touch pad to go into manual mode and the slides came in. That immediately told me I have power to the slide. However the slide would not go out still flashed parking brake light. So I manually cranked slide out again. Running out of ideas I decided to push parking brake all the way down to the floor. What do you know the slide came in like it should, and now goes out like it should. I had ruled the parking brake out do to the rear slide working. How ever the parking brake sends two separate signals to two separate controllers. I could make it not work by not pushing brake all the way down. I never would have guessed that the brake would need pushed all the way down but it worked. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and happy camping!

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
We had a problem with our slide - here's a copy/paste/modify of a post I made last year on it...

We had a problem with ours coming in on its own with the parking brake set, so it was moving but obviously something was wrong. DH talked with both Winnebago then Kwikee. We started with replacing the switch (the cheapest fix), which didn't do the trick. Then on to the control module. Since our year didn't have a key shutoff we added a switched 40 amp cutoff switch. The combination of these two has done the trick for us...the power switch alone keeps us from ever seeing it happen again, so it is hard to say with certainty that the control module replacement fixed it.

The problem seems to be that the slide control (at least on ours) is in one of the storage hatches, which are those nice blow mold water-tight areas. But a bit of moisture in there will stay in there and we tend to think that the humidity in there played into our problem.

I wonder if you're seeing a problem because of moisture as well?

Best of luck!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

Juzaxadar
Explorer
Explorer
jwlong wrote:
Yes emergency brake is set. Back slide works fine. Front slide switch panel flashes the parking brake light but I know it is set properly since the back slide works

If the back slide works, that points to the slide. I wonder if there is a fuse somewhere for the slides.
2000 Minnie 31C V10

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest resetting the emergency brake. I have heard of problems with the brake not being set "just right".
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

jwlong
Explorer
Explorer

jwlong
Explorer
Explorer
Yes emergency brake is set. Back slide works fine. Front slide switch panel flashes the parking brake light but I know it is set properly since the back slide works

Juzaxadar
Explorer
Explorer
Is the emergency brake on? Mine won't slide without it on.
2000 Minnie 31C V10

jwlong
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. I have ruled out the switch panel itself. My slides are on to separate switch panels and I swapped them and it was no change. I have chased wires and checked grounds all seems to be good. Any ideas where the control module may be located. I have heard those to give problems as well. Im not sure how to reset the system?? Thanks again. Ill take any help I can get!

JTCHess
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 31C Outlook that I have had slide problems with. I have been told the slide motor shuts off when they sense a surge when closing or opening since there is no real on/off switch and therefore are very sensitive. It is stated on the owners manual and emphasized to me by mechanics as well to keep the motorhome engine running while moving the slide in or out. With regards to your particular problem you might consider resetting your slide motors which can be easily done. This allows the front and back slide motors to operate independently so you can be sure they are both closed all the way and in sync.
2008 Winnebago 31C Outlook, Chevy Chassis

jwlong
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I guess its time to start chasing wires. I tried switching out controllers and its the same deal so I have ruled that out.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
The manual for my 07 Winnebago says to keep the engine running while putting out the slide for the added power the alternator provides. I doubt that Winnebago has changed that.

Also, note that the second slide he mentions works.

To the OP, since the second slide works, it isn't in the parking brake or its switch. It must be in the wiring bringing the parking brake signal to the first slide. That is where I would look.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
If you leave the motor running or ignition on they wont work.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours