cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 ford v10 air filter

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to store coach for the winter hear in Ohio and changed oil and filter in coach and gen set, I pulled the air filters out and blue air through them but the coach one after 3 years and 21,000 was two fare gone and dirty to blow out. Went to Auto Zone and they where not sure and did not stock them. Will I have to go to a Ford dealer to get new filter or not. Any one that has replaced one I am all ears . Thanks in advance.
16 REPLIES 16

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto, BlueMaxOhio!
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

BlueMaxOhio
Explorer
Explorer
I found that the oil filter is the same that is used on a 2005 Ford 500, and that the air filter is the same on the Ford F550 Super Duty. I ordered a K&N air filter for the rv so I don't ever have to worry about replacing it.
DAN :C
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2012 Jeep Liberty Toad
I love waking up in the morning and not going to work,
so I do it 2 to 3 times a day. :B

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
ct78barnes wrote:
Yes When I said motorhome he had that dead eye stare and asked if it was a F150 or 250 I will try the other options Thanks for all the help

First off, the clerk asked the wrong question. He should have asked what engine. MH's to the best of my knowledge are not built on the Ford F series, but on the E series. Also, it makes no difference regarding the chassis; it's the engine that determines the filter part number. Like others have stated, go to another parts store that has knowledgeable clerks. Wish you the best.

Ray

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Went to O'Reilly and in and out in no time Thanks again for all the help.

zman-az
Explorer
Explorer
Went to napa, they could not cross, the f53 in there book was wrong. Went to ford, they could not help because they needed the vin and I did not have the rv with me. Called Winnie to get vin, went back to ford to find out they did not have in stock but I got the pn and went back to napa. I then took a paint marker and put the pn on the box of the air filter for future reference. I sold the rv so I don,t remember the number but the post with all the pn's seems to be correct.

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again

This is a great site with a great bunch of people.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
ct78barnes wrote:
Yes When I said motorhome he had that dead eye stare and asked if it was a F150 or 250 I will try the other options Thanks for all the help

You need to tell the parts person that its a F-53 and than they can find the part, the kids behind the counter don't know this but its in their computer system.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
I was at my local Walmart and they had several in stock that were cross referenced. All the wrong size.

If I recall the F53 Motorhome uses a different filter then the F250/350/450/etc
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I was at my local Walmart and they had several in stock that were cross referenced. All the wrong size.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered mine on line from Walmart. It was a Motorcraft FA-1782, same as yours and was less than $11.00.
Picked up at the store so there was no shipping.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
Provided your Ford part number is FA1782 here is a cross reference chart:

Size :
Product I.D. 6.78" (Width)
Product O.D. 14.7" (Length)

Competitor Cross Reference
BALDWIN PA4172
CARQUEST 83136
CHAMP AF2782
FORD 5C3Z-9601-AA
HASTINGS AF1274
LUBER-FINER AF2782
MOTORCRAFT 6C349601AA
MOTORCRAFT FA-1782
NAPA 9136
PERFORMAX PA-524
PERFORMAX PA-524
PUROLATOR A45569
SERVICE CHAMP AF2782
STP AF2782
WIX 49136
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
the air filter is a specialty configured for the motor home chassis and is not clearly identified. I had to physically measure and compare to the two/three different described for the v=10 use. When you id the right one make sure you buy two.

pops

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Fram in my 2006 V10 Fram Part number CA10071 The Ford OEM part number is FA1782 Not sure if the filter is the same for your model year. But ----

Look in your owners manual and the Ford part number will be listed in the specifications area. Your after market dealer should be able to cross reference for you or go to your local ford dealer and buy the filter there.
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy