cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Winnebago Suncruiser 38Q problems

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We have had an unusual number of quality problems that we have slowly corrected. Didn’t expect this new one but when i searched i found it had happened to others. Pulled into a park yesterday and heard an unusual noise. When i got out to go check in found the hood hanging by one connection. The latch bolt assembly that was glued to the hood had become disconnected. Lucky it did not happen on freeway. Will use the old standby duck tape to secure until we get to destination and can get professional permanent repair. I guess the lesson is if you own a 38 Q check your hood latches to make sure a portion is not coming loose.
4 REPLIES 4

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
This was an issue with Winnebago back in 2004. My sisters DP had both the front cover and engine covers come loose due to how they were attached. They were easily fixed, but sad to see a similar issue on a new one.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
The glue was not fiberglass panel. It was the bolt attachment that is caught by the latch to hold the hood down. It is metal to metal. After reading i learned i am not the only one with this problem. Yes i am lucky and so is some unsuspecting soul who may have been wearing.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad you didn't lose it on the freeway or some other place. They attach them that way so they stay in business with repeat customers. :W Had you lost it, the 'fix' would have been way expensive....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Not uncommon the fiberglass panels are glued on - not a big deal
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks