Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4x4 Sprinter coming to US

triple602
Explorer
Explorer
4x4 chassis may soon be an option for your Sprinter based RV

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz-to-offer-lifted-sprinter-4x4-and-its-coming-to-the-u-s/
4 REPLIES 4

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm sure that chassis will be the center of a lot of medium weight Class C designs in the U.S.

However IMHO, from the link photos it still appears to have the Sprinter issues of a bit too tall for it's axle width, too-small wheel well clearances for much beefier rubber, and of course a dually ton-and-half version with a healthier diesel mill would be great.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
I may have just missed it, but it's not clear to me from the article whether the Sprinter cutaway is included in this announcement or not. It's certainly of interest to class B owners, tho'. There have been some 3rd party converters of full-bodied Sprinters, but I've heard that they've mostly been somewhat unsatisfactory. Apparently the MB traction control & ABS and the 4x4 systems used here haven't liked to play well together.

But it'll certainly be a way for MB to at least partly trump Ford and Dodge's now Eurovans. At what price remains to be seen.

Jim, "Keyboard actuator failure. Order replacement and install."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a sprinter MH love it, I,d like the 4x4 just for my fishing trips here in ohio.

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer