cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 amp EMS Model 700

grandpalarry
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at a park for a couple of days that only allowed 30 amps.
We had the front A/C-Heater on and all of the sudden we lost it.
This is the first time I have had to deal with the EMS and it went through its cycle and shut down the 4 major appliances, Water Heater, Rear A/c,Washer/Dryer and Front A/C-Heatpump.
The Service Type side still showerd 50 amp. even after I unpluged and started the genny, to see if it transitioned to Gen. it didn't, still reads 50 amp.
I read the Instr. manual and it said don't worry about it.
Today we came to another park on our list that had 50 amp.
The Installation Manual said within 2 min it would turn the shed appliances back on, and everything would be ok. WRONG.
Anyone know what I can do ????
I don’t need anger management-I just need people to stop pissing me off.
Vancouver, WA
2006 Holiday Rambler DP
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Check your main 120 breaker panel. Turn OFF every breaker and then turn them ON. Do NOT just look at them and decide they look OK. A breaker can trip but still look ON. It takes one of your breakers to supply power to the EMS board and you also require 12 volts which you have since the EMS panel remote is ON. When you are on Gen set, the 12 volt signal from the Genset hourmeter tells the EMS you are on Gen Set and the remote EMS panel should indicate GEN. But, I have never tested for this if the supply 120 breaker has tripped. Also, try disconnecting from Shore and Genset, shut the battery disconnect switch OFF for the Coach and restart IF the above does not fix the problem. Doug

grandpalarry
Explorer
Explorer
Coyote74 wrote:
When mine sheds appliances in a similar circumstance it also trips my invertor over head in front. Its always off but power reset on front of unit must be reset to pass through it

Just looked at my invertor and cannot find any reset button,got out the instructions and nothing was displayed.
I don’t need anger management-I just need people to stop pissing me off.
Vancouver, WA
2006 Holiday Rambler DP

Coyote74
Explorer
Explorer
When mine sheds appliances in a similar circumstance it also trips my invertor over head in front. Its always off but power reset on front of unit must be reset to pass through it
Joe Taylor , Good Sam Life Member
FMCA #285032
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R

Life's a trip, RVing makes it an incredible journey.