Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

86 Dodge Falcon 190: Hot water tank valve and Front Springs

MattGinOK
Explorer
Explorer
Hi yall!
Besides looking for manuals for my 1986 Dodge Falcon 190, I'm also looking for the drain valve for the hot water tank. I see what I think is the tube, but where do u drain it?

Also looking to replace the front springs as The drivers side leans about .5-1". Moog-7226S is as close as I can come. Problem is I can't tell what the ends are like. The dude at Moog said the bottom of the 7226s springs was 'tangential'. See link

Moog ad and end types

I've posted here some weight and other info. All I have. The pics of springs are not true pics of the spring being sold. It almost looks like a 'pull it out and look' kind of situation. The dodge 1986 lists the part number as 4116990 1825/2000#. Just throwing this out as someone may have removed one and remembers what's needed.
Some not very helpful pics
2 REPLIES 2

MattGinOK
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I am a dummy. Thanks for your post, made me look a bit further. The drain was at the bottom of the heater compartment. I opened that and the filler at the top and it drained just fine. Man, I really feel as if my retirement has retired my brain sometimes.

See Hot Water tank

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF that 'hot water tank' is a conventional rv water heater (suburban/atwood) then you drain it by removing drain plug and open a faucet hotside to allow air in
Drain plug is in outside compartment under burner tube.
Suburban drain plug will also be an anode rod so you unscrew it and remove the whole assembly
Atwood would have a Nylon drain plug only

Course who knows what previous owners have done ....modifications made???

Can't help on front springs
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31