cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A comment made about a bath & a half coach?

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
In an earlier thread there was a post saying something about "vacuflush" on a coach with a half bath. There was no explanation and hoped you could let me know what it means?
24 REPLIES 24

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
smlranger wrote:
Our current rig only has one macerator toilet and, if used in a 'normal' fashion, will fill our black water tank in 2 days. With more 'careful' flushing strategies, we can stretch it to 4 days.

As opposed to one bathroom and the black tank lasting 12 days for us. ๐Ÿ™‚ I fail to understand why you would need two toilets in a RV...most likely, because you're used to it in your home.

As Murphy's law would have it, having two toilets works well as you never know when two may have to go at the same time (happens more than you would think) :).

The half bath is used for visiting guests and as an 'extra' toilet.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
smlranger wrote:
Our current rig only has one macerator toilet and, if used in a 'normal' fashion, will fill our black water tank in 2 days. With more 'careful' flushing strategies, we can stretch it to 4 days.

As opposed to one bathroom and the black tank lasting 12 days for us. ๐Ÿ™‚ I fail to understand why you would need two toilets in a RV...most likely, because you're used to it in your home.

2 of us plus 2 grandheathens =we love our bath and 1/2

Stutch
Explorer
Explorer
Simply put... A bath and 1/2 is a mystery to those that don't have it. Two macerating toilets work GREAT and I open my black tank for dumping once a week (2 people).

Perfect for visitors and occasional overnight guests... Close the double door between the master bedroom suite and the rest of the MH and VOILA!!!! A two bedroom home. Each with their own bathroom.
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
Honda CRV
TM

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"Mondooker".....Over the years the floorplans have changed and you get trends where people want a certain type. Many years ago and in most smaller trailers and RV's, the bathroom was all in one and very cramped. The trend went to split baths where you have the toilet on one side of the hallway and the shower on the other. It was popular because you really opened up the area and allowed two people to do their business.

The trend now is to have a large all in one rear bath. Personally, we have always been a fan of an all in one bath and had one in a side aisle model in our last coach. Our current coach has the bath in the rear, is very roomy and very private. The only issue with this is that you really can't have access to a rear bath when on the road. Consequently, you need a second bath while driving. Just like anything else, we didn't know if there would be a value in a half bath for other than during travel, but now we love it. My wife goes to bed earlier than I do, so she closes the bedroom door and I still have a bathroom to use without disturbing her. On a recent ten day trip we both got the flu. Having two baths was REALLY nice.

The toilets in my coach have two water levels. On the higher level they fill my black tank in two days. On the lower level we can get three. When boondocking, we can get a week if we're careful. I added an elcetric drain and SaniCon system to my coach which are controllable from the inside. I can drain my tanks with a flip of a switch when hooked up. It's really convenient when dumping before breaking camp.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

toolttime
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is a macerator in back bathroom. We don't use it when boondocking. We only use the front toilet
2015 Thor Tuscany 45AT

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vacuflush is a type of macerator toilet.. It uses a built in macerator pump to "Suck" (Vacuum) the "Stuff" out of the bowl, then refills the bowl with water under computer control. Very nice.. So long as it works (mine still does).

Oh, I said "Type" I believe "Brand" is more correct. But like Band-Aid, which is generic for self adheasive bandage.. Vaccuflush is being used kind of generically now days.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I believe the floorplan would be different without the 1/2 bath.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Would I be correct in saying that without a half bath you'd still have to climb over the bed? Or is that only if you have a half bath?

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
Effy, in our motorhome it was a matter of climbing over the bed to get to the rear bath when the slides were retracted.

Ed Headington

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
kalynzoo wrote:
When the MH is closed up you cannot access the rear bathroom, .

Is it a case of being completely closed off or rather a matter of climbing over the bed?
2013 ACE 29.2

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a bath-and-a-half floor plan. We put extra tooth brushes/toothpaste/floss, etc., in the half bath for traveling so no need use the rear bath.

Some coach manufacturers have an adjustable bed so you can still walk around to get to the full bath with the slides closed. We don't have that kind of bed but it seems interesting if it's a comfortable mattress.

Our toilets are air operated. I haven't noticed an excessive amount of water used but we do have large tanks (189g fresh and 189g holding).

Since our shower is at the rear of the coach, we have an extra pump that comes on to pump shower water to the holding tank. Without the pump, there is not enough 'slant' to the pipe for adequate drainage.

Safe travels.
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

togators
Explorer
Explorer
I would never own another coach without being a bath and 1/2. In the rear is the full and the half is at mid-ship. We do a ton of dry camping at football games with many joining us to tailgate. The half-bath is used by the masses and the full in the back is only used by my family. The vacu-flush in the back does use more water but is never an issue if dry camping for 3 days or less. Longer times, we all use the 1/2 bath with traditional flush. If you entertain, the 1/2 is a great option.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
kalynzoo, When the MH is closed up you cannot access the rear bathroom

I'm often amazed at the things I learn from you guys! I'll ask one thing and you guys always give so much more and I thank you for that! I just assumed I'd have access to my coach on the open road. I understand that the slides will be in and access would obviously be more cramped. But it never accused to me there would be areas of no access?

I guess I need to smarten up but no access is amazing to me and is something I never expected. I never intended to have my wife wondering willy-nilly walking round the coach when we're underway. But I did expect she'd have access. I don't know, I'm really surprised.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
2gypsies wrote:
smlranger wrote:

Because some people(Me included), do NOT like to share toilet facilities with other people. Doug