cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aadvice on a gas C or B Plus

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
We are downsizing from our pusher which we sold in March. Would like to have a small unit that will sleep 6 and have seatbelts for 6 so we can do trips with gkids in a unit that I will help drive.

Don't need full body paint, but want jacks. How about the 4 Winds? Pros or cons, we saw a 2015 that would be reasonable w/o the power awning and paint. Thx
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)
10 REPLIES 10

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for all the suggestions. We always go to the Hershey show. I guess I was fishing for known problems with certain models. We will be looking at the 4 winds if they have one with a fiberglass roof. Might even go Fleetwood now that they have their act together. I've heard that the brite tec roof holds up pretty well. Our last 2 Class A's were Winnebago but don't want to tie too much money up at this stage in our lives. I've been watching for used. We took the big loss on 5 new units and we won't be using this unit that much. Am even going to look at trailer hybreds if they have one light enough for our Town and Countr
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
PghBob wrote:
Hi Bea PA: I see you are from PA. You might want to consider going to the RV show in Hershey in mid-September. They will have all kinds of Cs there and you can check floor plans, options, and build quality yourselves, not needing to rely on opinions. The last promotional ad I saw reported that they are expecting to have 1200 rigs on display in Hershey this year. Good luck with your search.

Best answer yet! Go and look at the various ones in one place! Plus load up on a lot of great swag!
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Bea PA: I see you are from PA. You might want to consider going to the RV show in Hershey in mid-September. They will have all kinds of Cs there and you can check floor plans, options, and build quality yourselves, not needing to rely on opinions. The last promotional ad I saw reported that they are expecting to have 1200 rigs on display in Hershey this year. Good luck with your search.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Brand is going to be a personal choice. We like Thor products. They have been in the motorhome business for a good while. As has Winnebago/Itasca. I'm just not a fan of Winnies. Jayco has predominately been in the trailer business with the exception of the their Class C's. They now are getting into the Class A business with one model. But again, it's going to be person preference. As Kank85713 mentioned, he looked at a bad Chateau and his opinion was formed then. Probably the same thing we have done with Winnies and Jaycos. Floorplans make a difference as well. We have seen some Chateaus we did not like.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Just about any class c will do what you want, some are just better. We looked at a 2012 NEW Chateau when looking and it was not a good outfit, Was on sale from 84 down to 63K, once I drove it knew why. Wind leaks, rattles, gen exhaust hooked up with piece of wire strap, again it was brand new. No niceties for anything. manual mirrors, seats.

Looked at the jaycos they were much nicer for about the same price, but the greyhawk is the bottom tier one, the redhawk a little nicer.

Just need to look around and make a good decision. The Chateau we looked at and drove it could have been a monday or friday construction, I dont know?

We bought a 12 winnebago aspect from a private party for almost what they wanted for the Chateau. So look at private sales also.

The jayco Melborne B+ has all the niceties, not sure if it will do 6
however as like in all B+ the overhead is the entertainment center not a sleep center. Our aspect has 4 seatbelts in the dinette area plus no bunks so limited to 2 on dinette and the main bed so 4 would max it out.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's what I would recommend looking into (although I'm personally not a fan of RV slideouts) ... the dinette also makes into a bed for two ... for a total sleeping capacity of six (the 27Q/27QP models):

http://www.goitasca.com/products/2014/spirit_spirit_silver/floorplans/
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Class C, Four Winds, hands down.:C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rskrbina
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Four Winds 35SK. :B
Rudy, Jenny and Garrett
2014 Thor.. Four Winds 35SK Super C..F-550..6.7 Diesel
CRV, F-150 & Wrangler Sahara Toads..TST Tire monitor

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Definitely go which a traditional c class for the sleeping capabilities, tank sizes. Most of the "B+" models have limited storage and tank capacities.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I would definitely recommend the Class C for 6 people. Four Winds is a good brand. Made by Thor. It's basically the same thing as our Chateau. We love ours!
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L