Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC issues on a summer vacation

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
We are on our way to Cheyenne WY for the rodeo, currently in Raton NM. Suddenly the AC only has 1 speed, low, and is not blowing much air. The air is cold, but the compressor is not cycling off and on. I had a similar issue last month. At that time, I turned the AC off for awhile, maybe 30 min, then back on and it seemed to be fine. It has not acted up since and it has been used a lot. We currently have it turned off. I thought it might be low voltage in the park we are in, but I turned on our generator and the AC behaved the same. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a note to everyone about their a/c unit. Inspect the top cover annually, making sure the 4 special shouldered Philips headed screws that mount it, are tight.

I never thought of checking mine. One day while on the roof cleaning it, I noticed a missing a/c cover screw. The other three were loose. I ordered 4 screws (3 extra) from Camping World. They came one at a time, each screw in a huge box about one cubic foot in size. Camping World lost a massive amount of money fulfilling my order of 4 screws. My wife and I had a good laugh over that.

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
I know it won't be fun....but check the Fin's on your condenser. Once it gets messy and air flow diminishes, they freeze up quicker.

Thanks!

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know it won't be fun....but check the Fin's on your condenser. Once it gets messy and air flow diminishes, they freeze up quicker.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! We finally decided that is what happened. We will keep the thermostat set higher.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Compressor freezing up. Needs to thaw and then it starts back up again?
I have been through that with mine. Is fan on auto or "on" and on high?
Tech told me to leave it on high and in "on" position (not auto) in high heat and humidity. Just my experience.