cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC repair in Tucson

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
We have a leak somewhere in the dash Ac system. Looking for a decent AC shop that can handle a DP motorhome. RV dealers are hopeless when it comes to AC. Truck dealers can do it but the few in Tucson charge $135 an hour when working on motorhomes! Thanks

Moisheh
7 REPLIES 7

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
In our times A/C is much easier to work with. The chems you put in to detect leaks and black lights used to find them. I've seen guys fix leaks with brazing rods and a small MAPP torch.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Check with a Thermo King shop if there is one. I had both the selling dealer (Tom Johnson in NC...before CW bought them) and them Country Coach in Oregon 'repair' a leaking fitting on my dash AC system. Neither of their fixes lasted more than 6 months.

Took the coach to a Thermo King shop and those guys know AC systems and have the equipment to fix them right.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I like mobile repair guys for a lot of problems but not with AC If you are in a decent shop they can make up hoses on site. With a mobile guy he has to take the hose off and take it somewhere. I didn't think th mobile guys have the machine that empties the Freon and does a leakdown test. They can then reinstall your Freon. With the long hoses on a DP finding a leak can be a pain!

Moisheh

AZAmmochief
Explorer
Explorer
You might try A-Mobile RV Repair, 520-235-2220. Hear they're really good. Do you have Good Sam, they might have a local provider as well.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, mobile guy is the way to go.
Local auto repair shops can do it too.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the mobile tech. The problem with MH A/C repair is that you are paying for the real estate you are cluttering up when your coach is in the shop. PM your email and I'll send you a Denso R/V dash A/C manual on the chance that is the system you have.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call a mobil tech, could do it right on site .