cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

additive for a diesel fuel

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
my rv is going to sit this winter would like to add some additive for water etc. whats best? only 40k on engine
10 REPLIES 10

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
ChooChooMan74 wrote:
Use an Antigel and Antifungal treatment.

My understanding of fungus or other things growing in the fuel tank is that it is a warm weather problem - that it shouldn't be a problem during winter storage in climates where it will be freezing???

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Texas, the bugs are always hungry, so a biocide is a must. Since the OP is in Ohio, I'll echo other people, and go for an anti-gel as well.

Don't forget the generator. If it is LP gas, one doesn't need to worry, although it isn't unwise to change the oil and fog the generator. However, if the generator is diesel, it would be wise to allow the biocide and anti-gel run through the generator as well, so it is ready come spring as well as the vehicle's engine.

craz_z
Explorer
Explorer
Sfrcorp.com dsol is the only products I use in everything I own designed in a cold climate that actually works unlike any other product I've tried.

doesn't freeze up nor contain alcohol like power service does. Lubricity cetane is superb highly concentrated additives

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Add a BIOCIDE (Biobor JF is a popular one). From marine stores, and in our area Academy. If this is summer/fall grade fuel (#2 diesel) and temperatures will be going below freezing, add an ANTI-GEL. PS brand is available from most Walmarts.

Then, fill tank full to minimize condensation and drive 25+ miles to get it all distributed. If diesel generator, make sure to run it as well (50% load).
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Use an Antigel and Antifungal treatment.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Wynn's Friction Proofing. Keeps the fuel from gelling and helps with the lack of lubricity
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Take it for a ride after you put the anti-gel in to let it get into the injectors and pump.
Bill and Joey the dog

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Opti-lube products in my diesels.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
If you're going to let it set without starting (as you should) all winter then an anti-gelling additive is not needed. I use a product by Power Service that is for moisture removal and Anti-Algae additive.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use Power Serve. There are three types, use the white bottle.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.