cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adjust Headlights - 2010 Dodge Sprinter?

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
Just changed headlight bulbs on our 2010 Four Winds Chateau on a Dodge Sprinter (Mercedes) 3500 chassis.

Have not yet been back on road but they appear to be aimed a little high.

Are there adjustment screws?

Thanks.
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU
8 REPLIES 8

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
Silver Star twin pack H7.
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good!

Glad it worked out.

Which Sylvania bulbs did you get?
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
Found the adjustment screws!

Two nylon screws, one on top - the other on side. Tork heads.

Will adjust if needed when back on road.

Again, thanks for responses.
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
Just bulbs replaced so maybe aim is OK. Just looked higher when viewed in driveway. Maybe just brighter since I got the mid-line newer Sylvania halogens.

I totally scanned the Owner Manual and absolutely no reference to headlight aim.

I'll examine the housing later today for adjustment screws, if any.

Thanks for responses.
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure the whole headlight assembly does not move when adjusting, like when we had sealed beams or halogen modules that installed about the same way. The adjustment will be within the headlight assembly. Basically moving the Bulb, not the whole Lamp. This pic is about an MB product, probably not a Sprinter:
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
If all you did was swap out bulbs it shouldn't have changed the aim at all.

Are you sure the bulbs are 100% in place and lined up properly? From memory they only go in one way, there's a small tab on the bulb itself that has to line up with a groove in the socket.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Most modern headlamps have two screws on the top side of the headlamp assembly, one moves the whole assembly up and down and the other one sideways sometimes they even have arrows that indicate the movement, I do not know this model in particular but I am sure of this.

navegator

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Almost certainly the headlights can be aimed. I doubt there are vehicles made without some provision for aiming headlights at least vertically.

This page gives good detailed (but general) instructions for properly aiming headlights. You need a pretty big flat space with a vertical wall of some sort, a tape measure, and some chalk or tape or something to make marks on the wall.