cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on rusted basement supports.

Hotwheelbill
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at a 1996 Dutch Star with a slide today. 37ft with Cummins and 6 speed. Spartan chassis. I like the inside but it did have some water stains on top but floor looked and felt good everywhere. Owner has kept it up faily good while owning in the last 4 years. Here is my problems with it, 1) The basement angle iron supports are rusted.....thru. All basement floors look good from inside, but I did not pull back any carpet. They also felt solid, but the rust is there on the bottom side! How hard to fix, replace?
2) The roof has never been resealed while he has owned it and sealant around some parts are dry and I am sure have leaked resent. But, the roof had a full coat at some time, not just the fixtures sealed. And it was not a solid feeling, a little give. Is this normal the roof of a 1996 Dutch Star?
4 REPLIES 4

Hotwheelbill
Explorer
Explorer
sjholt wrote:
Maybe it was in a flood or in water at some time?

I dont think it was anything like that, but northern salt roads.

Hotwheelbill
Explorer
Explorer
mayo30 wrote:
I don't know about that model but I guess it depends upon how much money you will want to spend on it.Doesn't sound like anything I would want for sure.There will be some excellent advice coming for sure,that know about it.

Yeah, Im going to leave that one alone.

sjholt
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it was in a flood or in water at some time?
Skip
1996 32' Monaco Windsor DP
Cummins 5.9L 230+ HP
5 Airbags in front- 4 in back

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know about that model but I guess it depends upon how much money you will want to spend on it.Doesn't sound like anything I would want for sure.There will be some excellent advice coming for sure,that know about it.