cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air bags not inflating

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Started to take off last nite and the buzzer went off for the jack stands being down.
I never moved and raised them. But they won't inflate now.
How to fix?
5 REPLIES 5

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
I have another repair guy coming tommorw after 10am.
Late , but I have tried a lot of various solutions.
Still have lots of air but notheing for the air bags. I have banged on the celinoids.
And flipped switches and etc. nothing.
Stuck in Reno.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my 2005 Excursion when first using it, I have forgotten to both drain the air bags before using the levelers and forgotten to refill them before driving off. Once I remembered, there didn't seem to be any problems.

I haven't tried to drive off while the levelers were still down (yet). If you haven't tried it yet, I'd lower the levelers again and bring them back up. I'm not sure how this would help, but considering the air bags wouldn't refill after usng the levelers, it's my only suggestion.

I assume you have air pressure or else the MH wouldn't move.

While you use the air bags and levelers in conjunction with each other, I don't know that they're connected to each other allowiing the non-raising of the levelers to affect the airbags.

As far as I know there aren't any fuses related to the air bags.

With the MH engine turned off so that there's no noise, can you hear the air bags trying to fill when the the lever is turned? I've wondered that if you drive without inflating the air bags, can you pinch them causing ahole in them? If you hear air trying to fill them, this might have happened.

Let us know when you figure it out.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
fltrker, I know that you are trying to explain it clearly. I rented two Fleetwood Expeditions (an '05 and '06) and they sound like they were setup like what you are mentioning.

In your description you say...
-Had leveler down
-Went to move with them down
-Put it in gear
-The leveler alarm went off
-Put it back in N and raised levelers
-Checked and they were all up
-Got back in and put in gear and drove off

It looks like what is missing is that you never moved the lever to raise the bags. The lever in the two Fleetwoods I rented was located on the left side at your left knee. Your supposed to move the lever to raise or lower the coach.

Just wondering if you missed a step.

Travel safe,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Fleetwood was of no help.
Yes the levelers and air bags r 2 separate items.
Although related - I will take more time here to inform.
Had the levelers down. Went to move with them down. Put it in gear. The leveler alarm went off.
Put it back in N and raised the levelers. Checked em and they were all up. Got back in and put it in gear and drove off. But. The air bags never inflated. Had to stop. As there was no suspension. Just the shocks.
Called frieghitliner and they were not sure how to help except drive it in. Too. Far

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm confused - I have a 2005 Excursion. The levelers and the the suspension air bags are two different things. Do you mean you never lowered the jack stands / levelers?

Call Fleetwood, they're open now, at 1-800-322-8216. Their help service is rather good. They may want the FIN #. On my 2005 it's on the wall just behind the driver's window.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.