Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Dump

hries
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
I need some help. I have a 2004 HR endeavor. The air dump doesn't work. It used to work. It did have a blown fuse.So I replaced that and it still isn't working. It hasn't blown since I put a new one in. I'm having a hard time identifying the dump solenoids? Hard to imagine they would all fail at once.It was slow to dump before. This is the roadmaster chassis and power gear levelers.
Thanks for the Help!
HR Endeavor 40PRT
8 REPLIES 8

hries
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
hries wrote:
I finally found all 3 solenoids. I was getting no power to the dash switch. The dash switch is working. So I found a hot wire to get power to the switch. It popped the fuse. I disconnected all 3 solenoids and tried it again. This time it didn't pop the fuse. I'm thinking one or all solenoids is shorted out.

All you have to do is put the fuse in, then just touch the hot wire to each solenoid. When the defective solenoid is found the fuse will blow. You have found your bad solenoid, then replace it. Doug

PS, I use a 12 volt Circuit breaker so I do not have to replace the fuse when testing. You can buy a 12 volt plug in circuit breaker at most Auto part stores. Just buy the amp size you need.

Excellent idea....Thanks Doug!
HR Endeavor 40PRT

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
hries wrote:
I finally found all 3 solenoids. I was getting no power to the dash switch. The dash switch is working. So I found a hot wire to get power to the switch. It popped the fuse. I disconnected all 3 solenoids and tried it again. This time it didn't pop the fuse. I'm thinking one or all solenoids is shorted out.

All you have to do is put the fuse in, then just touch the hot wire to each solenoid. When the defective solenoid is found the fuse will blow. You have found your bad solenoid, then replace it. Doug

PS, I use a 12 volt Circuit breaker so I do not have to replace the fuse when testing. You can buy a 12 volt plug in circuit breaker at most Auto part stores. Just buy the amp size you need.

hries
Explorer
Explorer
HR Endeavor 40PRT

hries
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
1. Loose ground will NOT cause a fuse to blow.
2. Monaco products(Roadmaster) the Air dump is indeed SLOW, that is a design function
3. I never paid attention to, if the system had more than 1 solenoid for manual dumping. I always heard the solenoid up front and did not know if there was one in the rear. What you need to do, since you found the front Air Solenoid is to verify it has 12 volts and ground when someone pushes the dash switch. If it DOES have 12 volts and ground then the solenoid is bad.
4. You can also get the system to dump by extending the Powergear Jacks. When the coach raises up the ride Height arms will move and dump the air until you can get the system fixed. Doug

Good info Doug. I did check to see if there was power to the wires going to the solenoid when the switch was depressed. I didn't get anything. I think I will induce 12 volts directly to the solenoid to ensure it is in fact the dump solenoid. If that works I'll trace backwords to see if the switch is faulty. I didn't know raising the coach would drain the bags, I've heard the air escaping when I do it though.
Thanks!
HR Endeavor 40PRT

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Loose ground will NOT cause a fuse to blow.
2. Monaco products(Roadmaster) the Air dump is indeed SLOW, that is a design function
3. I never paid attention to, if the system had more than 1 solenoid for manual dumping. I always heard the solenoid up front and did not know if there was one in the rear. What you need to do, since you found the front Air Solenoid is to verify it has 12 volts and ground when someone pushes the dash switch. If it DOES have 12 volts and ground then the solenoid is bad.
4. You can also get the system to dump by extending the Powergear Jacks. When the coach raises up the ride Height arms will move and dump the air until you can get the system fixed. Doug

hries
Explorer
Explorer
ILVMYGT wrote:
I had that problem. They tied the grounds for the solenoid together and the ground was loose. I tighten the ground and it solved the problem.

The manual showed where the solenoids should be, but the front seemed to have only one pressure line attached and I couldn't find the same thing in the back?
HR Endeavor 40PRT

ILVMYGT
Explorer
Explorer
I had that problem. They tied the grounds for the solenoid together and the ground was loose. I tighten the ground and it solved the problem.
2000 Country Coach Magna
CAT 385HP Allison 6sp
1998 Saturn SW2

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The solenoid is probably bad which caused the fuse to blow. Sorry, can't tell you where to find it.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog