cseidel
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one glued down Allure ? If so how has it worked
6 REPLIES 6

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
I glued one side down. This left it to expand on the other side. Have not had any problems with it.

SeaDog_BRR
Explorer
Explorer
If you glue allure it will buckle when it expands I used the 1/4 round and it looks great and the floor has held up well under extreme desert heat and Idaho winter weather. The brown caulk sounds like a good way to go also it would allow for expansion.
Greg aka SeaDog Ret Navy
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS TT
96 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ W/SO (selling)
06 F350 6.0, Harley Ultra Classic ๐Ÿ™‚ 64 corvette ๐Ÿ™‚

donhoward49
Explorer
Explorer
I left about 1/8 inch on the edge. used brown caulk to fill it in.. not professional but its good enough for me... so much easier to keep clean.. I have had it in two years, in this mild Oregon climate, with no complaints

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Well, ya' gotta use something to cover the edge gap that you must have during installation!
There are two types of Allure. The original has the sticky strip to lock the two strips together. The newer is a click lock style.
Either way, you must leave a gap around the edges to allow for expansion. The instructions say that Allure is not to be used in Rvs because of severe expansion and contraction. I have had mine in for several years with no difficulties.

cseidel
Explorer
Explorer
I do not want to use 1/4 round trim

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Not meant to be glued down. Why do you want to glue it?

PS Edit your first post instead of posting topic again.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."