cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

America's Tire recommendation

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
I have had new shoes put on three separate vehicles with my local America's Tire and the service, prices, and quality are all very good. The vehicles are an F-150, a Saturn Ion, and my new (to me)toad, Rocky (the flying squirrel).

I hereby recommend this business.

NOTE: I don't know whether they carry RV tires. If you need some, give them a call. If you know what you want, they can probably get it.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
7 REPLIES 7

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
plus for them. have purchased many tires from them, always been taken care of. only problem we had was before this AZ trip took trailer in to check tires out. they said they put in 65 lbs, and off I went. my wife always backs me out and she says I think the tires are low. I pulled in, and checked them and then had them rechecked. they were down to 31 lbs. manager sure didn't apologize, just aired them up and then suggested my air gauge was bad, though they used their gauge.
as I travel into Oregon often, thinking of trying Schwab tires.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife 🙂

Gottahaveit
We love AMT...for all our street cars..For the MH have to go elsewhere
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Most people accept their prices as quoted, by they will dicker and match other prices. One of the things I like about them is that they don't sell anything but tires, so you're not getting hustled for alignment, brakes or shocks.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
I am on the fence with them. I have bought a few sets of tires there, and always had good service, until the last set. When they installed them, the truck shook, they blamed GM, said I had suspension issues. Took it to Chevy and low and behold, 3 out of 4 were out of round.
Back to America's Tire, video in hand, and they started out with the same story, would not watch the video. Had to get a Manager to watch the video, and he agreed they were out of round, but he said he could not replace them, I had to buy yet another set, and wait for the manufacturer to inspect them. It was his opinion it was a road hazard issue, or something I had done to them.
I went to another dealer, he looked and said there was a bad run of them, and replaced all 4. Not sure if it was a one off or not.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I needed a replacement tire while in Amarillo this week and ended up at Discount Tire. I was a little ticked off when I got back on the road and looked at the receipt, and found that they'd added a road hazard coverage without my knowledge or consent. But I stopped at the local Discount Tire when I got home, and they handed me a cash refund for that charge without any hassle, and were very nice about it. So I can't complain.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Americas, now Discoint tires is a good company that have always treated me well. They have installed two sets of tires on my fiver. They do sell ST tires also.