cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone installed one of the 360 RV Roof Vent ???

mph_medic
Explorer
Explorer
360 RV Roof Vent CLAIMS to :

360 vent cap VIDEO

•Draws out tank fumes in ALL wind conditions
•No moving parts
•Built-in bug screen
•Easy installation on the RV roof top

Want to replace the vent caps and found these but sounds to good to be true.. so I thought I would ask the EXPERTS ...

Looking to re do roof soon and planning out what upgrades I want to do I.E. vents and new gaskets along with new rubber on roof..
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the Paramedics...

2000 Windsport 34K
7 REPLIES 7

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is a waste of money.

My coach has four holding tanks and two vents with no problems.

I've had about four trailers in the past and they worked quite well as designed.

Keep the drain valves closed until you drain and then close again. If you leave open the smell will go up the vent and you will have sewer odor no matter what you put on the holding tank vent.

When in motion we keep our three roof vents closed, otherwise the vacuum formed will pull sewer odor into the coach.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see the use of one. Ordinary vent caps work as designed. I have been several places where they have flapper valves in the sewer line and heard a guy say one stuck open and they about gagged out of the bed before they figured out what it was. You really should'nt have a stinky if you properly maintain a black water tank. Mine has never smelled bad except when I flushed it out and then there was this one time....... Never mind!

mph_medic
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys...the cost is $29.00

As I only use my Dog House/Man Cave (on wheels).. about 4-5 time a year for Talladega and trips to lake my main problem is around camp and the drive as the every now and then the smell is pretty bad.. so

I was hoping this would help draw out the smell... What about the solar fan vent cap ???
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the Paramedics...

2000 Windsport 34K

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been very pleased with the performance of our 360 Siphon Vent. It works just as advertised.

To address the previous poster's issue with leaving the gray valve open, I simply maintain a loop in the sewer hose that acts as a trap to keep the fumes and sewer bugs out, the same as the sink traps do inside the coach.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

JRS___B
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. And, I wish I hadn't!

Others will strongly disagree with me. Fine - everyone's rig is a little different and so everyone's experience can be a little different.

My experience is that the unit works as intended.

A nice breeze will create the negative pressure they say it will.

Where the catch 22 comes can come into play is IF (and only if) you are connected to full hook-ups and leave the grey water gate valve open.

When this happens, you not only draw up fumes from your personal grey and black water tanks, you can also draw up fumes from the campground's septic system. As a practical matter a campground's septic system will have an infinite amount of sewer gas available for this device to suck out.

This can create a sewer gas plume around the outside of your rig many times greater than what your personal tanks would ever put out.

If I had it to do all over, I would have not installed ours.

H345
Explorer
Explorer

What is the price ?

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have had one installed for a few years now. Can't tell if it works any better than the old ones. However, it has no moving parts to break off and has withstood many repetitions of dragging our roof cover off each time we go out.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)